What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Does 72hr dark before veg mean i have to add 72hr dark before flower?

Hi guys my plants got stuck a weekend in a cooler they looked perfect so i used them now they have been vegging for 5 weeks before and after the flip should i give them another 72 hours of dark to get them to flower? I know the strain well from outdoors. it should be flowering as it started to stretch.

They are in coco 3gal, gh 3part, 1000ppm @5.8ph, feed once a day, canopy temp highest 82, 1000w

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
in nature you see a gradual shortning of days and as such the signals for the flowering hormones to be relaased will happen slightly differently than when we do things indoors.because we change the photo period all in one go (the flip).. for this reason you won't necessarily see the gradual changes in maturity that you might expect to.

for example in nature a plant is always hormonally mature when it enters the flowering stage, indoors some guys start their seed at 12/12 from the very beginning. so you see the rules and the signals you're used to reading from outside aren't quite the same.

the short answer is no, 72 hours dark will not require 72 hours to be added to the end of the cycle, in fact it will make very little difference other than slightly shock your plants and potentially make them stretch as they seek out light.

my advice? just flip them bro, forget the 72 hours.... if they have that much veg time done, theyre probably already raring to go...vroom vroom... :biggrin: