What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Directly distinct paternal or maternal trait expressions?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone's seen and line where there's a distinct trait expression directly along paternal or maternal filial generations?
Like any traits that are expressed solely among 1 sex or the other.
Maybe a certain growth trait or pheno in general that only tends to pass along 1 of the sexes but not the other, denoting a seperation between the 2 sexes for trait expression.
Haven't seen anything about this anywhere yet but it's been on my mind for a while.
Ever seen a line where only 1 sex herm's while the other always turns out fine?

Anywho, just wondering if anyone's seen anything on it or has any insight of thier own on the subject.
Any info or input is appreciated.

cheers,...........................................gps

S

sirius haze

its a good question and personally im not aware of sex linked genes in cannabis, you should look at some scientific papers about this subject in google scholar.

Yeah hard to pinpoint the propper terminology to get anything relevant realy.
Seen a couple articles on cannabis genetics but just about specific genes linked to corisponding cannabinoid production etc.
Everything else is genetics from all sorts of plants n herbs n veggies to humans n all sorts of shit about trait expression in all that stuff.
Some interesting articles to look at but nothing close to filial trait expressions in canna that I've found as of yet.

Have 2 gens worth of anecdotal "evidence" I've seen sofar and plan on persuing poking around with the lines in the future to see if anymore pops up, but space is a bitch, n that's ontop of having just wound most of my stuff down for some reno's I'm getting on till the weather gets crap again.
Even than once I start a number of projects up again with all of them that need attention I'm not sure I can get back to any of these lines right away.

Think a stable line that puts out exemplary females without any hermie issues, but males that reverse half way through and finish up flowering by topping off with nice fem flower tops.
It's interesting enough to persue some day but like I said with space limitations who knows when.

Thnx for the input sirius.
Anyone else with any insight feel free to joint the convo.:)

cheers all,...........................................gps