What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Different types of Zeolite and Greensand

ThaiPhoon

I am looking for some info about some different types of Zeolite. There are no garden centers in my area that carry "escott zeolite" which I have read is one of the best. I visited a water filtration store here. They had a "manganese zeolite" used in a water filtering system. Has anyone heard of this type? It cost about 25 USD for 25kg(32liters). This same store also had some "manganese greensand" it was imported from fort lauder dale Florida. I am wondering if this type of greensand is suitable for a potting soil mix. They also had another type of greensand from somewhere in Australia (Victoria - maybe??) Just wondering if these "manganese" types are suitable for potting soil mixes?

Peace

G

Dont know about zeolite. Here is what is available in the states from Whitney farm for greensand. "Jersey" greensand on the right

MT

ThaiPhoon

Hey MT,

I have heard of jersey greensand before. I know that it is the good stuff. I was hoping someone would know about the florida greensand...On some sites it seems greensand is also a form of zeolite. I just want to make sure I buy something that will benefit the plants and not kill or burn them.

Thanks

Terroir

Hi Thai

www.cmzeolites.com.au is what i use.

So far so good.

But it certainly isnt green. It is a sort of dull pink/ orange and is very fine (caught in your lungs fine).

Can you give me the name of the australian company from victoria so i can reasearch.

Latest posts

Latest posts