What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Dehumidifier water pH is 7.8

reddy1

ICMag Donor
Summers here and my machine can supply all the water my plants need. They are healthy but I'm worried about the source pH. I read it was supposed to be 7. I don't have a TDS pen, just test drops by GH(the most reliable method). No idea the ppm. Should be close to 0? Could the high pH indicate there is something else in there besides H20?

If you read this and have a dehumidifier could you post your water info.

BudLove

pH should be 5.8 for hydro...if that's what you're running. However, ya need to take the water and add in your nutes prior to taking a pH measurement...then get it in the proper zone.

....again, this is if you're runnin hydro.

S

Scoobs

My dehumidifier produces pure water, 7.0 PH and 0ppm.

If you have a different PH than that it is either a bad tester or you have contaminants in your system.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
i pH every watering to about 6 . must be contaminents because the GH test drops don't lie.

inflorescence

Veteran
ultra pure water rarely settles at 7.0

The H+'s and OH-'s are constantly dissasociating and reassociating, not to mention the infusion of CO2 from the air causing carbonic acid to form and lowering the pH.

Puzzling that your pH is high, not low?

Last edited:

reddy1

ICMag Donor
very informative post. it's definetly not right. going back to reverse osmosis low 6ish. never need to adjust the pH this much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts