What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Decriminalizing marijuana in Colorado causes different kind of high for Denver Police

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
DENVER - Decriminalizing marijuana in Colorado has caused a different kind of high for Denver Police -- a high in the amount of marijuana the department is confiscating. It's up nearly 1,000 percent since 2011.

According to DPD records, police seized 8,092 pounds in 2014 compared to 937 in 2011.

"Colorado has become a source state for marijuana for the rest of the country," said Lt. James Henning, with DPD's Vice/Narcotics Bureau." In Colorado, the marijuana we grow here generally sells for $2,000 to $2,400 a pound. That same pound of marijuana, sold on the East Coast, is worth about $5,500 to $6,000."

Henning said that's causing people from all over the world to come to Colorado to grow.

"There's a lot of loopholes in the law right now," he said.

One of the loopholes is ... Read More : http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...000-increase-in-marijuana-seizures-since-2011

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
are they gonna re sell it?????...if its legal then it should be like any other confiscated object which they always re sell....yeehaw... the prices on the east coast have come down a lot in most areas..

yeah 5500 to 6000 thats fucking crazy.if you told someone where i live on the eastcoast that they would rob your ass.no weed is worth that much i dont care how good it is.weed is stupid cheap where i am.unless you go to a dispenciary its 30 to 50 an 8th for medical grade buds all day long anywhere.its basicly a flooded market.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
are they gonna re sell it?????...if its legal then it should be like any other confiscated object which they always re sell....yeehaw... the prices on the east coast have come down a lot in most areas..

I wanna be at that auction......YUP!!!!!

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
cut and paste from the article ......

One of the loopholes is the lack of limits on collective growing. Denver City Council is now trying to tackle that by imposing a 36 plant limit at grows in non-residential areas. Currently there is no plant cap.

......... looks like the guys who can't afford the fees are gonna have some issues with this one.

betcha a dollar the guys who can afford those fees already have it in the same bank that the lobbyist dickweeds they employ go to cash their checks on friday.

same old same old in the mile high city