What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Debbie Downer

RetroGrow

Veteran
This bitch campaigned vigorously against the Cannabis initiative in Florida, lying and distorting the truth all the way. 57.4 % of the people in Florida voted for approval, yet Debbie Downer's influence may have been the difference in the election, which required 60%. Now that she wants to run for the senate, she is back peddling, trying to pander to those voters. She makes me sick. I have written to her many times, criticizing her and calling her a traitor.

"Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s office offered to change her position on medical marijuana if a major Florida donor recanted his withering criticism of her, according to emails obtained by POLITICO.

The proposal to Orlando trial lawyer John Morgan was straightforward: retract critical statements he made to a reporter in return for Wasserman Schultz publicly backing his cannabis initiative that she had trashed just months earlier. Morgan declined the offer with a sharp email reply sent to a go-between, who described the congresswoman as being in a “tizzy.”

“No,” Morgan responded. “She is a bully. I beat bullies up for a living.”

Wasserman Schultz declined to comment.

Morgan said he forwarded the email chain to POLITICO on Thursday to show how “thin-skinned” and transactional Wasserman Schultz’s political team is, he said in a brief phone conversation.
The bad blood between Morgan and Wasserman Schultz — which stems from her critical comments over the medical-marijuana initiative he bankrolled last year, and which failed narrowly — boiled over again this week when Democrats started buzzing about her interest in running for Senate if Republican Marco Rubio decides to leave the seat for a presidential bid.

Morgan and three medical-marijuana advocacy organizations blasted the South Florida representative for her criticisms of his 2014 initiative. It fell 2.4 percentage points shy of the needed 60 percent voter-approval threshold for a Florida constitutional amendment.

“Almost 58 percent of Florida voters supported medical marijuana and I’d be surprised if that many support her,” said Bill Piper, national affairs director with the Washington-based Drug Policy Alliance.

“That should be a lesson for Debbie Wasserman Schultz,” he said. “Florida voters like this policy more than her. And we’ll make sure people know her position.”

Still, Wasserman Schultz is a nationally known figure, a good fundraiser and would be an early favorite to win a Democratic primary, political observers say.

The most likely Democrat to run for Rubio’s seat, Rep. Patrick Murphy, has a centrist voting record that could leave him vulnerable in a primary but strong in a general election. The more liberal Wasserman Schultz has the opposite problem. And, unlike Murphy, she has had bad relations with numerous Democratic insiders.
Morgan plans to get the proposed marijuana amendment on the ballot again in 2016, making it a top campaign issue in the presidential election in Florida, the nation’s most-populous swing state.

The clash with Morgan began in June when Wasserman Schultz issued a rare public statement criticizing the medical-marijuana initiative he helped draft, and to which he committed $4 million of his own money to pass.

Echoing Republican talking points, Wasserman Schultz suggested the proposal could lead to a variant of OxyContin-distributing “pill mills.” Wasserman Schultz has previously expressed concerns, as a parent, about marijuana decriminalization because she doesn’t want to make it easier for kids to get the drug.

At the time, Morgan blasted Wasserman Schultz, calling her “despised…an irritant…irrelevant.”

Wasserman Schultz responded by having her staff call around to drum up statements of support from other Democrats, including then-Democratic candidate for governor Charlie Crist, who works at Morgan’s law firm, knowledgeable sources say. The Wasserman Schultz effort culminated in a tense speaker-phone call with Crist’s campaign staffers, who were interrupted during a TV commercial shoot.

The congresswoman’s more recent dispute with Morgan unfolded Wednesday afternoon. POLITICO sent an email at 3:50 p.m. to Wasserman Schultz’s office seeking comment on criticisms from Morgan and other medical marijuana advocates. Three minutes later, an adviser replied that she had no comment.
In the meantime, Wasserman Schultz’s office sprung into action. Her team reached out to the campaign manager for the medical marijuana initiative — Ben Pollara, a top Democratic fundraiser and consultant in Miami — and offered him a deal.

Pollara, who refused to comment, detailed the offer in an email to Morgan a few hours later, the donor said, with the subject line: “DWS.”

“In a tizzy over this politico story. Saying she might be willing to support new amendment. Any chance you’ll retract your statement,” Pollara wrote.

Morgan responded about two hours later in his email calling her a “bully.”

“Actions have consequences,” Morgan told POLITICO on Thursday. “Her days of pushing people around are over.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/debbie-wasserman-schultz-medical-marijuana-115338.html

armedoldhippy

Veteran
this witless bitch doesn't understand that by legalizing & regulating, you take more of it off of the street where the "young people" she claims to be worried about can get it at any time. kids today (and when I was a heathen) can find weed within 15 minutes if they try, getting legal alcohol is much more difficult. she is pandering to the "but what about the CHILDREN?" simpletons that are unable to grasp the concept of legalizing & regulation. if she gets elected, just another disappointment...

Politicians are great at transparently flip flopping... I guess she needs to be a better bull shitter. They are not my cup of tea as I cannot trust any words out of their mouth.

B

BadPenny

all politicans are lying if their mouths are moving. IMHO. But we get a Republican president, I suspect many backsteps will be attempted and possibly taken. JMHO

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
all politicans are lying if their mouths are moving. IMHO. But we get a Republican president, I suspect many backsteps will be attempted and possibly taken. JMHO

Yup. A politician that will suck a dick in a Montana rest stop has no problem at all telling the rest of us what moral code we must live by.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

depends on which GOP got elected. I doubt that Rand Paul would try to roll anything back, personally. I've been wrong before, though...:biggrin:

B

BadPenny

He smoked it in college, he thinks folks shouldn't be in jail, but doesn't want legalization. Another tea bagger looking for votes, they all say what they think you want to hear in an election year, then if they get in there, be afraid, be very afraid, a tea bagger won't make the white house, and if they are voting for tea baggers, there are more dominant ones out there, IMHO, and Paul is not electable, just like Bernie Sanders although I like what that guy says on the other side. The backlash for Jeb Bush hypocrisy is showing up also now:biggrin: Be an interesting election for sure. Did you see the jobs reports and record breaking DOW and S & P this week? News ain't reporting on it much anymore, the warhawks have taken over all media sites. All bout IS is in our country and gonna kill us:laughing: Peace isn't profitable, war is!

depends on which GOP got elected. I doubt that Rand Paul would try to roll anything back, personally. I've been wrong before, though...:biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do we need senators and congressman? Why can't we just vote for ourselves on all issues?

Politicians are useless...
What we need are true representatives of the people (statesmen)!

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil no matter how ya look at it.

True representatives also don't volunteer for their position. They're lifted to those positions by their peers.

No person that wants to be involved in politics should be allowed to participate as the peoples representatives. They typically have their own agenda to push that is contrary to the interests of the public at large.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Why do we need senators and congressman? Why can't we just vote for ourselves on all issues?

lots of state laws do not allow for voter-sponsored initiatives. if they did, many of us would be circulating petitions allowing for the drawing & quartering of our unresponsive legislators...:tiphat:

Cool Moe

Veteran
Hard to know who donated to her campaign, since the High Court ruled the pols can all accept unlimited, undisclosed contributions from corporations, who of course are people. Name any big pharma or alcohol corporation and there's a good chance you just named one of her top contributors.

Gry

Veteran
I would think you would find money from all over the country that has gone to her. She was a star.
There were not many who opposed the actions of the previous administration more vocally than she.
Politics is not easy cheap or free to any one. I am sorry she got caught up in this stupid person shit with Morgan.
Really do think the politics in FL are so damn dirty a saint could not survive there for long.

Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
She's a self serving scumbag. I've written to her many times. When I requested her help with an issue, she sent me all these forms to fill out, and then ignored my request, but put me on her mailing list to spam me with emails asking for contributions, etc. Just the underbelly of politicians. I would love to punch her face in.

Latest posts

Latest posts