What's new

Damn! Confiscated by US Customs

Logos

This really sucks. Got my mail today only to find that my order was confiscated by US Customs / Homeland Security. The assholes opened my mail, rummaged through it and took my seeds. Then they put a form letter inside called Notice of Removal, and resealed the envelope with green tape that states it’s Examined by US Customs with the Homeland Security logo. Needless to say I’m quite pissed. Considering the hundreds of thousands of pieces of mail that come into this country each and every day, I can’t believe that my single piece of mail was randomly chosen for search.
I have not had this happen to me before and it’s got me spooked about ordering again. The letter says nothing about action taken against me, but the government has files on everything / everybody, so I am wondering if there will be some legal ramification if my mail is intercepted a second time – repeat offender I believe is the term. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Surely I cannot be the first, if this is some kind of campaign targeting mail coming out of the UK and / or Holland.

I suppose DHS has bigger fish to fry than me and my seeds but then this country is so "put-you-in-jail" mind-set oriented that I have to wonder if I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Logos

Last edited by a moderator:

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
No, nothing will happen. They just take the seeds and send ya the letter. Many people around here can relate.

Logos

Thanks for the reply, KharmaGirl. Like I said, this is a first for me, and since I have no idea who else has been burnt by damn Customs I don't know how prevalent this seizure crap really is. I am guessing this has happened to you without further consequence, so at least I won't sweat further repercussion. I will get over it, but I'm not happily camping right now.

Logos

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Nope, not to me. I'm in Canada. For now I can still go to a store or two downtown and buy seeds. I've been around these boards since the beginning and have seen hundereds of posts like yours and not one mention of customs following up.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
KharmaGirl said:
Nope, not to me. I'm in Canada. For now I can still go to a store or two downtown and buy seeds. I've been around these boards since the beginning and have seen hundereds of posts like yours and not one mention of customs following up.
lucky you...
im going to do that when i visit my g-parents in toronto.

Logos - dam man sorry about your loss.
i would guess the shoddy shape of the envelope had somthing to do with it. maybe the tape snaged the machine ... im pulling at straws..
my regrets. that package does not say whats inside obviousely, but what place did you order from?

Chester

Sorry to hear about the seizure. Unfortunately, I know that feeling all to well.

So, just a word of caution: Never order seeds to that address again. Once an address is burned, forever shy. (And that reinforces the advice to never send to your grow location)

I've only ever heard of one bust due to customs seizures. And that was some doctor in the US (Ohio I think) who was sending to his grow location, and had a total of 3 seed orders seized.

Sometimes the LEOs aren't too bright, but after 3 strikes, they came sniffing around and liking what they saw, took everything, and tossed the guy's butt in jail for good measure.

Better luck with your next order...

:cool:

Last edited:
G

my heart sank when i saw the green tape.
those orders where the ones i really wanted to.
only safe addy i had....burned indeed.

havent ordered since and i dont think i will again.

my first confiscation that happened to me was years ago,when gypsy use to replace snagged orders.
resend made it.different packaging,addy.

sorry for your loss...good luck :joint:

Last edited:

Logos

DIGITALHIPPY said:
Logos - dam man sorry about your loss.
i would guess the shoddy shape of the envelope had something to do with it. maybe the tape snaged the machine ... im pulling at straws..
my regrets. that package does not say whats inside obviously, but what place did you order from?

Naw, the package was really in good shape but for what the Feds did to it. I can't blame the packaging 'cause Nirvana used a good bubble envelope.

KarmaGirl, sure would like to experience being able to go to the local "store" for a fatty without fear. Another fantasy is to be among people who love everybody as if each stranger were a best friend or brother.

Thanks for the support, you guys. It's a first, but not a good first.

SmokeyPufmaster: do you mind if I post the form letter for all to see?

Logos

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Anyone have an order just never arrive? I've had a friend recently have back to back orders (ordered around same time) not show up. It's been 4 and 6 weeks and with nothing at all she is wondering if she is under the eye of the man at this point. Neither had her name on them, but still, makes a lot of tension. The address isn't for a grow house, but all the same you just don't wan't any cops knocking at your door, for any reason.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
sorry to hear about your troubles man; remember to always use a safe addy when making orders and to never order to or near the grow location. do not use that same address again as suggested above, nor use the same names either.
much good luck and peace.

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
No real need to post up the letter. We've seen it before. You have no worries, at this point they don't follow up on the first one or two. But Always use a safe addy and false name. Once again its the luck of the draw, many make it some don't. Sorry this happened to you.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
thanks Paz and Smokey. Fake name and non-grow room address used so my friend isn't sweating it. Thanks for the comments though, always good to confirm our own thoughts. and luckily over the years a lot of beans have made it to the friends and I so things aren't bad and am stoked for what has made it.

Logos

I can relate to not receiving your order. Yeah, the tension, the waiting is unnerving to say the least. It's not just not getting your order - which is a bummer - but it's the wondering where it is and who has it and is a repercussin coming. And, like has been stated, confiscation is a risk, a chance we take when ordering. The good new is that it seems that there is no follow up to confiscation, but then again, everyone is not priviledge to a safe address, so therein lies the greater risk. I wish there were a better more secure way but there isn't. I just know that I'm still spooked and won't be ordering again for a very long time.
Logos

Last edited by a moderator:
D

d4.

Sucks that your seeds got jacked man, shouldn't be a big deal... they have better things to spend money on. (That is if we still have any money).

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I waited a long time for one of my last seed orders (not from here Gypsy!) and it was very unnerving. I had a grow going on & it made me consider shutting it down because the seed delivery was coming from within the states to me in the states. I get my mail at a PO box & use a ficticious name close to my own for deniability sake. Beans never come to my address but it still makes me squirm when things are late.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
When I ordered, I misspelled my name and used my real address. I also think I even used the postal route numbers. Like 12345-6789, where 6789 is the route number and the post office has less work to do to get it in the right bin or place. I heard the postal route number speeds up your mail. I get mail with my name misspelled all the time.

I wonder if names have anything to do with searches and seizures. I mean if the box or addy has never had a "Jack Bongpipe" ever getting mail there, they're like yep we better check this one out.

Before anyone say I was taking a risk delivering the seeds to my house, I know. Illinois law allows hemp seeds. You are also allowed to have hemp fibre, and stalks used to make hemp fibre.

Last edited:

Logos

d4. said:
Sucks that your seeds got jacked man, shouldn't be a big deal... they have better things to spend money on. (That is if we still have any money).

d4, yeah, getting your beans hijacked is no treat, but at least I know what happened to the order, unlike some people who just don't get their order. That really sucks, because you have to wonder what the hell is going on with it, and if some cop is gonna show up at your door at some time. It's called paranoia and it's not fun.

Logos

Logos

facelift said:
When I ordered, I misspelled my name and used my real address. I also think I even used the postal route numbers. Like 12345-6789, where 6789 is the route number and the post office has less work to do to get it in the right bin or place. I heard the postal route number speeds up your mail. I get mail with my name misspelled all the time.

I wonder if names have anything to do with searches and seizures. I mean if the box or addy has never had a "Jack Bongpipe" ever getting mail there, they're like yep we better check this one out.

Before anyone say I was taking a risk delivering the seeds to my house, I know. Illinois law allows hemp seeds. You are also allowed to have hemp fibre, and stalks used to make hemp fibre.

Facelift, I think everyone gets mail when their name is misspelled. It’s not the job of the postman who delivers the mail to decide if the name on the envelope is legit or not. The postman doesn’t know who is visiting you and getting a letter. I think the only way the USPS could intercept a package or letter is if it accidentally opens and then they see contraband. Homeland Security, on the other hand, will open any letter or package they want. As far as using a PO box goes, you know that post offices have cameras. If the cops suspect the owner of a PO box, all they have to do is look up the records to see who is renting the box, or view video tap to see who is emptying the PO box. So I fail to see how a PO box is a safe address. Logic would suggest that using your own address with a fake name is no more safe or dangerous than using a PO box, fake name or not.

About Illinois hemp law, this is true because the Feds don’t consider hemp to be cannabis because hemp is not psychoactive. However, if I understand you correctly, you think you are not at risk in Illinois because of it’s hemp law. Remember, facelift, cannabis and hemp are not the same, and you can be prosecuted for possession of cannabis seed.

Logos