What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose eater

Actually Microbeman tracked it perfectly. The counter to your point that Obama "And then he went after them all" was in fact right there in the last sentence of what you quoted which read "The only people that Obama's DOJ and DEA went after were people violating the laws in their states."
I recall the medical cannabis clinics in Cali being hassled many times over by letters, twice removed, sent by the DoJ/DEA, sending letters to landlords for those dispensaries/clinics, and telling them they might/would/could have their properties seized if they leased or rented to cannabis dispensaries..

There was a very cleanly run clinic in Cali at that time, run by a woman and her partner, with, if I recall correctly, 90% of clients with one form or another of terminal illness. They had an on-site garden, and some of the clients/patients tended their own plants there.

I want to say the woman's name was 'Mary', but I can't recall for certain right now. (*The articles are located in my archives in the basement)

Despite running a clean show, I believe her initial minimum mandatory sentence was significant; perhaps 10 years?

By the way, Alaska had Constitutional Protections re. cannabis as of May, 1975, via the Privacy Section (Article 1, Section 22) of the State's Constitution, as decided by then-Chief Justice Rabinowitz in the (Irwin) Ravin v. State Decision.

There was an 11 year period when folks were too ignorant to understand that a constitutional right resulting by way of precedent, cannot be removed via a simple majority vote. But that decade+ unconstitutional recriminalization vote stood (albeit weakly) for 11 years due to strategy by the State and too many folks not knowing their rights or how the courts and legislation work in concert..

Medical cannabis passed here in 1998, but was gutted by then-Senator Loren Leman's substitute medical canna bill in 1999, which was never challenged for not truly being a 'substitute bill' and being filed less than 2 years after the passage of the initial medical initiative, but it -should- have been challenged.

Then the State's legalization for recreational took place after that.

Neither of those 2 statutes/initiatives offered the plant count protections that the May, 1975 Ravin Decision, or the 1983 legislative compromise offered.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I recall the medical cannabis clinics in Cali being hassled many times over by letters, twice removed, sent by the DoJ/DEA, sending letters to landlords for those dispensaries/clinics, and telling them they might/would/could have their properties seized if they leased or rented to cannabis dispensaries..

There was a very cleanly run clinic in Cali at that time, run by a woman and her partner, with, if I recall correctly, 90% of clients with one form or another of terminal illness. They had an on-site garden, and some of the clients/patients tended their own plants there.

I want to say the woman's name was 'Mary', but I can't recall for certain right now. (*The articles are located in my archives in the basement)

Despite running a clean show, I believe her initial minimum mandatory sentence was significant; perhaps 10 years?

By the way, Alaska had Constitutional Protections re. cannabis as of May, 1975, via the Privacy Section (Article 1, Section 22) of the State's Constitution, as decided by then-Chief Justice Rabinowitz in the (Irwin) Ravin v. State Decision.

There was an 11 year period when folks were too ignorant to understand that a constitutional right resulting by way of precedent, cannot be removed via a simple majority vote. But that decade+ unconstitutional recriminalization vote stood (albeit weakly) for 11 years due to strategy by the State and too many folks not knowing their rights or how the courts and legislation work in concert..

Medical cannabis passed here in 1998, but was gutted by then-Senator Loren Leman's substitute medical canna bill in 1999, which was never challenged for not truly being a 'substitute bill' and being filed less than 2 years after the passage of the initial medical initiative, but it -should- have been challenged.

Then the State's legalization for recreational took place after that.

Neither of those 2 statutes/initiatives offered the plant count protections that the May, 1975 Ravin Decision, or the 1983 legislative compromise offered.

Brownie Mary?

Her and Dennis Peron were very influential in the formation of early collectives.

Hempy McNoodle

She died during the very early days of the pandemic before remdesivir was even an option. She was put on a ventilator because that was the only thing they knew to do at the time and in her case it was especially necessary as she had advanced COPD and without Covid complicating things her breathing capacity was already down to 30% of normal. She was on the waiting list for a lung transplant. After an extended period on the ventilator doctors started to worry she would never be able to come off it if they kept her on any longer so they took her off and she died within an hour.
The ventilators are what killed most of the people who died from COVID (prior to remdesivir). They did not inform people that once they go on the vent, they will likely never wake up again. When my Dad and his wife got COVID, I warned him, 'DO NOT let them put you on a ventilator.'

Hempy McNoodle

Actually Microbeman tracked it perfectly. The counter to your point that Obama "And then he went after them all" was in fact right there in the last sentence of what you quoted which read "The only people that Obama's DOJ and DEA went after were people violating the laws in their states."
So, Hempy was right. And you were wrong when you said that it never happened.

Hempy McNoodle

VP's typically don't set a President's agenda for them. If you find one who did, aside from Dick Cheney and GDub, please let me know.
But, they can have conversations which influence the President. So, either it wasn't important to Joe until now or Obama thought it wasn't important (or both)...

Hempy McNoodle

audiohi

Veteran
The US gov. has some HUGE debts to pay to the people whose lives it stole

People who were incarcerated for Decades

e.g. Will Foster.

I'm glad you're for reparations. How progressive of you.

Tuberville: ‘Pro-crime’ Democrats want ‘reparations’ for ‘people who do the crime’​

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Tuberville would want folks charged for breathing if someone passed a law against it. "ignorance of the law/by the law is no excuse. they should have complied" people like him refuse to stop and think about whether the law was correct and just, or unjust. "one has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey a just law. conversely, one has a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws. " MLK Jr.

Hempy McNoodle

Some would like to 'edit' or 'revise' history... :smoker:

I forgot... Who was President in 2012? Can someone please remind Hempy? :smoker:

moose eater

Brownie Mary?

Her and Dennis Peron were very influential in the formation of early collectives.
No, I don't think it was her. I remember Brownie Mary. Been too many years now to confidently recall, though..

My wife is down-sizing our unnecessary possessions here (sold some of it yesterday; small kiln, gifted a $1,500 potter's wheel to the same folks that got the kiln and supplies, along with giving them a flower from my more recent and excellent outcome of a Ghost Train Haze #1 run), in an effort to reduce our load, should we sell and move to the more remote areas of the SE Alaska Panhandle on the Pacific Coast. Putting a 350 to 400-lb. potters wheel on a boat would be something to film, I think.

That said, there's an increased possibility that I'll get a chance to go through our archives from the legalization efforts up here, and perhaps find it then.

Last edited:

moose eater

@moose eater doesn't seem to want to answer this question. Does he? :smoker:
No Hempy, I answered it plainly. You're simply one of those persons who is commenting on political realities without apparently understanding how politics or our domestic political systems work.

I asked you already, name ONE VICE President, aside from Cheney spoon-feeding policy to GW, that made or took control of Presidential campaign of legislative platforms for their Persident.

I answered your question (which was, by the way, a disclosure of the absence of understanding of the very system you seem to wish to critique).

Plainly, it is not the way policy works, short of when there's an empty suit (GW in that specific case) sitting in the chair, and manipulative folks near them want them to move a certain direction. (Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, et al.)

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

No Hempy, I answered it plainly. You're simply one of those persons who is commenting on political realities without apparently understasnding how politics or our domestic political systems work.

I asked you already, name ONE VICE President, aside from Cheney spoon-feeding policy to GW, that made or took control of Presidential campaign of legislative platforms for their Persident.
Okay. Joe Biden. How about Al Gore? Dan Quail?

Hempy McNoodle

No Hempy, I answered it plainly. You're simply one of those persons who is commenting on political realities without apparently understasnding how politics or our domestic political systems work.

I answered your question (which was, by the way, a disclosure of the absence of understanding of the very system you seem to wish to critique).

Plainly, it is not the way policy works, short of when there's an empty suit (GW in that specific case) sitting in the chair, and manipulative folks near them want them to move a certain direction. (Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, et al.)
Wrong. Why do you think people are so disappointed with Kamala?

moose eater

Okay. Joe Biden. How about Al Gore? Dan Quail?
Do you believe those VPs pursued policy separate from the President, on their own?

Therein lies your failure to understand roles and processes in this whole issue, Hempy.

GW was manipulated by his own administration, and was too caught up in the moment and his over-blown ego to even realize he was being played for a stooge.

That's a primary difference between those administrations you're comparing. The others didn't pursue policy without the blessings of their Pres to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.