What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

crabcommander

Hey everyone -

I'm starting a thread to introduce myself to the community and start sharing updates on my progress.

I'm a new-ish grower based on the East coast US who's aggressively sought out elite and unique flower for the last 20 years. I've grown up smoking regional classics like Sour, Chem, Stardawg, and Piff/Haze. I also got to try a lot of the lost classics that came before.

Around a year ago I decided to stop dreaming about it and start doing it, and set up a small grow in my tiny spare bedroom. I'm a dabber exclusively, so everything has been 100% hash focused from day 1. Since then I've completed two grows, and am only a few weeks away from harvesting the third.

I started with a few goals, and here's where I'm at with them:

#1 - Learn the basics of growing - Arguably done? JK, still tons more to learn about light, nutrients, growth mediums, IPM, and who knows what else?

#2 - Make my own hash / hash rosin - Got a freeze dryer, coolbot, and full wash/press setup. Did my first set of runs with the frozen flower from my first two harvests! The quality far exceeded my expectations, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

#3 - Hunt my own keepers - What even is a keeper? A super elite that everyone would want? Or just something you'd want to grow again?

I've found three plants I want to grow again. I believe one is elite - my keeper of Topdawg's Itre-95 that I've dubbed 'Hot Cocoa Chem.' She's a big hash dumper with a rubber tire diesel chocolate profile, with the loudness of GMO yet no cookie lineage. I found her in my very first grow and did lots wrong, but she still amazed me.

#4 - Create my own crosses - In the works for 2025.

What's Happening Now?

I am 32 days into flowering 6 plants under 2 LED lights. I'm growing them in soil in 10 gal fabric pots. The strains are:

Swamp Water Fumez from Bloom
The Klumps from Bloom
Rainbow Guava #5 from Bloom
Itre-95 from Topdawg - Hot Cocoa Chem cut found by me
Corey Heime from Boss Hoss - Stardawg x Cheddar Skunk
Dark Rainbow from Archive

I am also gearing up to do a large pheno hunt after this harvest.

Pics and media to come soon.

Last edited:

crabcommander

Itre-95 / Hot Cocoa Chem on day 30 of flower. She's sooo dense and resiny! She vegges slow and doesn't stretch much, but she's stout as hell and yields heavy... And she's beautiful in a way that just stands out from the rest.

Attachments

• itre95day30.mov
    8.1 MB

crabcommander

And here's a quick family portrait on day 32:

Attachments

• IMG_7458.jpeg
    IMG_7458.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6

crabcommander

Current pheno hunt:

Star Dust from Topdawg
Grape Soft Serve from Little Lake Valley
Hell's Kitchen Kush x Candy Fumez from Crystal Rose
Blue Zushi x Zsunami from Pagoda Seeds
Kyphy from HeavyDaze
Jager x Zkittlez from CSI

Still in the seedling phase. Sending samples in for sex/viroid testing soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts