What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

County Attorney comments on Cannabis Convention in Phoenix

paper thorn

Veteran
Arizona’s Reefer Mad Bill Montgomery Compares Marijuana Expo to Violent “Cartel Members”, Vietnam Vet as “Enemy”
Quotes from Bill Montgomery Maricopa County Attorney Phoenix, AZ

“Why is it any different for marijuana in this regard than if we had cartel members in town for their annual cartel convention?” Montgomery asked.

“was no difference between this event and cartels getting together to discuss how to smuggle and refine cocaine and heroin.”

“Some folks who are traveling from out of state and may be engaged in business transactions at the Phoenix Convention Center, you could be violating state and federal law when it comes to trafficking in marijuana. And I can’t confirm or deny whether or not local or federal law enforcement may be on hand in an undercover capacity.”

When Don Ream(a veteran and mmj patient) said he was also a recreational marijuana consumer, Montgomery said, “Well, then you’re violating the law, and I have no respect for you. And I have no respect for someone who would try to claim that you served this country and took an oath to uphold the constitution and defend against all enemies foreign and domestic, because you’re an enemy.”

Phoenix New-Times even gave Montgomery a chance to walk back his “enemy” comments about a brave American serviceman. But Montgomery just doubled down, explaining by email, “Is [Ream] an enemy like ISIS or Al Qaeda? Of course not. But if he or any other vet is going to use their status as a veteran to encourage people to break the law, then that does make them an enemy of our constitution and our laws and that is a sad commentary on where we are at.”

Then there's this fucktard

Russ Belville | October 31, 2015 12:46 pm
at marijuanapolitics.com
http://marijuanapolitics.com/arizon...-violent-cartel-members-vietnam-vet-as-enemy/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what a fucktard.

guys this is why when yer little you dont pick on kids, they turn into this guy.

St. Phatty

bill montgomery quotes:

“Why is it any different for marijuana in this regard than if we had cartel members in town for their annual cartel convention?” Montgomery asked.

... like when American Doctors or Big Pharma have a convention ?

Sounds like the Professional Asshole has one less reason to arrest people, and he is upset about that.

That is so upsetting ! :woohoo:

It's amazing what people will do to protect their job security.

mowood3479

Veteran
Ya I used to live in az n tbh I was really surprised when medical passed there... There are a lot of ignorant folks like this county attorney... I don't get it in phx for $5 u can buy enough coke or heroin to kill u, Open air drug market style ..24/7/365 and this dumb ass is worried about a med pot convention..
Sometimes I think it's because pot heads are generally easier targets than crackheads or heavily armed narco pushers.
It's easier to push around n lock up decent citizens than it is to go after the actual scary bad guys.
It's such a bad joke and a lot of people are aware of it these days but still not much changes.
Apathy I guess?

Last edited:
... like when American Doctors or Big Pharma have a convention ?

Sounds like the Professional Asshole has one less reason to arrest people, and he is upset about that.

That is so upsetting ! :woohoo:

It's amazing what people will do to protect their job security.

If his job title is "Professional Asshole" then he deserves a raise. He is doing a fantastic job....

When people open their mouth, and prove themselves as ignorant as this jerk did, they may be doing us a favor. I would rather have my enemy jumping up and down waving his arms instead of working quietly to some evil end.