What's new

Could it be, OG?

Coughie

I didnt want to hijack the OG seed source thread, but I need some opinions from folks who know OG's inside and out.

I have a sneaky suspicion that my 'Coughie' bagseed from '03-'04, is some sort of Bubba, but could be an OG.

I dont know enough.

The bag, was a quarter, of golfball size nuggets that were greasy/sticky/resin-y enough, that the damn bag stuck to itself and ripped when I tried to open it.

Smelled of coffee, soil, hash, with a touch of fruitiness. Overwhelming coffee, hence the plant name / screen name.

The smoke was smooth, earthy, with that same touch of fruit - like a dark berry, blackberry, raspberry, maybe sweet cherry; it wasnt really identifiable.

It was a dark green in color, like evergreen trees.

It took two naps, to finish the first bowl - and I dont take naps from Cannabis; I smoke and do chores, a bit of a rarer breed. Lemme at your 'couchlock' and watch me get stuff done!

Found 20 seeds in the quarter, and saved them for ~ a decade.
About 12-14 of the 20 popped, when I finally got around to it, but I lost ALL but 1, due to using bagged potting soil that water-logged and invited some fungus gnats to the buffett - I was serving up Cannabis Greens, apparently.

The one that survived, was the healthiest.

The one that survived, looks nothing like the bag it came from (surprise, surprise) and ended up female (no idea if it was a feminized/light leak/accidental/hermie pollination).

A obviously 'sativa'-leaning phenotype compared to what came in 'the bag.'

But the aroma is there.
So I'm working with her, because she's all I have from that bag, that memory, those days.

She's a vegetative monster.
She'll stack buds down to the dirt.
Nice density, good yield, great aroma.

Finishes in about 8-9 weeks;
I overran her when I went 10. She got 'dull' in the head, and heavier in the body.

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to appeal to OG afficiandos.. I'm trying to narrow down a list of suspects to choose males from, to open this lady up and see if it's really OG that I find inside (at the F2).

You pretty much can't talk me out of Karma Genetics 'Karma OG'.
I gotta try that combo, and see.

The other two that caught my eye, I dont know if I can actually get my hands on them..

Archive Seeds 'Casper OG'
Rare Dankness 'Scotts OG'

Those are the three I *think* I would like to try, but I'd like to ask folks who know more than I do, what you all think.

So I need some other options.

Relentless, Pisces, OGRaskal - I've heard good things about, but dont know which offerings would be the ones to lean towards, from each individual breeder.

So, I know you're not shrinks, but I need a little help.
Anyone?

Last edited:

phatjay

Not sure if I understood correctly but are you trying to find out if you grew an og from bagseed? Did it taste like og when you smoked it?

Coughie

The bag the seed came from, was some sort of Bubba or OG (the older soil/musky OG, not the newer pine/citrus OG); it had to be..

This pheno obviously isnt.
And I dont have any males.

So I need some really nice OG lines to pull males from, to see if in the F2, I find a whole slew of different OG-esque phenotypes , or if it reeallly expresses all over the board..

I'm not 100% on how F1's express when the plants are closely related, but F1's with unrelated lines express rather uniformly. The F2, with unrelated lines, is where you see a bit of everything expression-wise. So if I use a couple different lines of males to dust this plant, then run those crosses through the F2 generation, I should get some sort of idea of what this plant is really bringing to the table, especially since I can hopefully do some research into how the OG's I'm hoping to pick up, express themselves and what they bring to the mish-mash.

phatjay

The other thread in this section may be your answer. Id buy a few packs from whichever companies you see fit and hope for the best. You WILL get males (maybe a a few keepers) or find someone here or a friend with good pollen.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Thats not OG, the bud structure and the ways the buds grow along the stem are completely wrong, FWIW it doenst look like bubba kush either.

OG breeds pretty true so I doubt its even an OG hybrid. Possibly a Bubba hybrid but not pure bubba.

I've had both OG and Bubba cuts and have grown enough to know its not.

Latest posts

Latest posts