What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Coronavirus pandemy grow

funkyhorse

Well, I dont know if it is a good idea to have an own grow thread, the only way to know is making it

I am not a breeder, I am not a coleccionist, I started growing recently since I came back to the western world
I am finding in the canna world a lot of hype, a lot of hollywood stories, a lot of hybrids, a lot of egotrips and very little pure sativa races left
It seems today people hype up indica hybrids and rudelaris crosses and sativas seem to have become insults and bad words
Today an indica x sativa hybrid with high munchies ready in a little bit more than 10 weeks it is called sativa hybrid
For me todays ganja is degraded and the way the commercial canna world is going it is going to be much worse than now.
And it is going to became more rare with time to find decent pure race sativas

I smoked most of my life tropical sativas and this is what I like and crave, I do like trying stuff I never smoked in my life, regardless if they are sativa or not

I got stuck at this place with the beginning of coronavirus and the pandemy is far from over. I expect it to last at least an extra couple of years until 2024
So with this thinking in mind, I decided to rent this house and to set up a makeshift greenhouse in order to grow the ganja seeds I had and this is becoming a great time for me and I am enjoying it very much. I never expected to find such an amazing new hobby this late in my life, I am growing my salad as well, I find it amazing

So no choice today, since sourcing seed it is very complicated and the stuff I am growing is gone and not available anymore, today if you want crazy sativas you need to breed them yourself. I just make 20 or maybe 30 seeds,I touch one flower of each plant with pollen from pure race male, for me is enough, I only make the ones I need to grow next year which I will only know once I smoke all these girls.

funkyhorse

Durban CBG
They are in 12 liter pots. Not tall plants, they have indoors size
Columnar not very productive plants
The seeds of my pack gave 4 plants with tendency to have powdery mildew in my wetlands environment
Girl 1 I will chop next week, it is just too much PM it is coming to the sugar leaves
She makes beautiful thin leaf. It is the first time I see such a big amount of PM on a thin leaf plant
Durban girl 1.jpeg

Top shot
Durban girl 1 (2).jpeg

Lowers
Durban girl 1 (3).jpeg

Girl 2 out of all Durbans is the one that handles humidity better. She is also much less resinous than her sister and longer flowering
Top shot
Durban girl 2 top shot.jpeg

Lowers
Durban girl 2.jpeg

funkyhorse

Zamal(Mango Pepper) girl 1
She has a little PM on some fan leaves
This strain is flowering since mid february
Zamal girl 1 (4).jpeg
Zamal girl 1 (5).jpeg

Girl 2
No Pm at all. Hopefully she will deliver quality, ,it seems she will be longer flowering than girl one
Zamal girl 2 (7).jpeg
Zamal girl 2 (8).jpeg

Today I put the cuts of both girls in 40 liter vegetable boxes for a long winter grow
Girl 2
Zamal girl 2 (9).jpeg

funkyhorse

Some hazes
Pachamama Haze, revegged and kept from last year, Original MadMac
It was the best second girl from Madmac originals and it is a very good way to compare with the girls from this year
Pachamama haze (4).jpeg

This year is Ohz next generation and it is looking scary
Seedsman Hz from original pack July pheno girl 1 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
So I call this girl Seedsman Hz BX 1 girl 1
Seedsman hz bx 1.jpeg

This is Seedsman Hz BX 2 girl 2
Seedsman Hz july pheno girl 3 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90), she will be very little productive but I like very much what I see
Smoh bx 2 girl 2.jpeg

From the best MadMac girl last year this is the F2
Smoh x golli girl 1 f2.jpeg
Smoh x golli girl 1 f2 (2).jpeg
Smoh x golli girl 1 f2 (3).jpeg

This is a mutant girl F2 from girl 9 of the Seedsman Hz x Ohz90 cross
She is almost 3 meters tall and she will be less productive than Oldtimer Haze
Seedsman hz x golli girl 9 tri.jpeg

funkyhorse

Senegal Haze x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
I obtained from these seeds 4 girls, 2 went intersex and these 2 growing outdoors with firm sex
The intersex girls were/are outstanding smoke. Very nice uplifting happy feel good weed that gives you energy
The girls indoors suffered from pests. They are growing outdoors happily. No mold issues at all
Girl number 2 which was firm indoors gave beautiful foxtailed buds
Senegal haze 2.jpeg

But same girl outdoors is making pompom buds. I really wonder if grown better will give better high
The foxtailed buds are giving huge munchies, not of my liking
Senegal haze 2 (6).jpeg

This is her freak sister, a mutant
She is faster than her sister and the most productive sativa I ever grew. I dont care for productivity, I hope she hits like her intersex sisters because if she hits like the foxtailed bud they all will finnish in the washing machine
Senegal haze freak (3).jpeg
Senegal haze freak (2).jpeg
Senegal haze freak (4).jpeg

funkyhorse

Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Ohz90 from MadMac

They are coming faster than I thought, I expected them to be longer flowering
They keep stretching and stretching
Girl 3 has the thinnest leaves of all
Tskc girl 3.jpeg
Tskc girl 3 (2).jpeg
Tskc girl 3 (3).jpeg
Tskc girl 3 (4).jpeg

Girl 4 was the latest to show sex at about 2,8 meters height in a 5 liter pot
So she is staying in that pot the whole trip
It seems she will be the fastest and I think it is because of the small pot
She is over 3 meters now
Lower small bud
Kcts girl 4.jpeg

funkyhorse

Contuining with the Koh Chang/Thai Stick x ohz90 report
Girl 1 is in 40 liter vegetable box
Kcts girl 1.jpeg
Kcts girl 1 (2).jpeg
Kcts girl 1 (3).jpeg

Girl 2 is the tallest and keep stretching
She is in 20 liter pot
Kcts girl 2.jpeg
Kcts girl 2 (2).jpeg

And more detail on girl 4
Kcts girl 4 (2).jpeg
Kcts girl 4 (3).jpeg

funkyhorse

This is my own thai home made F1 growing side by side with the girl #3 above
This one is a much longer flowering thai
Northern thailand 2008 x CG72
This is the firm girl so far. Sister went intersex and I am trying to keep her outdoors away
Boy indoors made a few seed at the top shot and I just pollinated now a flower with his pollen
Northern Thai x cg72.jpeg
Northern Thai x cg72 (2).jpeg

funkyhorse

Purple Highland Laos hybrid
(NL5xH F3 x CTF5) x PHL girl 2
Nl5 x h f3 x ctf5 x PHL 2.jpeg

(NL5xH F3 x CTF5) x PHL girl 3
Nl5 x h f3 x ctf5 x PHL 3.jpeg

To compare with
(NL5xH F3 x CTF5) x (Ohz90 x Seedsman Hz) girl 2
Nl5 x h f3 x ctf5 x ohz 90.jpeg

(NL5xH F3 x CTF5) x (Ohz90 x Seedsman Hz) girl 3