What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Congress is fed up with DEA chief Michele Leonhart

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
leonhart.jpg

DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart has received a vote of "no confidence" from members of the House Oversight and Government Reforms Committee. Leonhart has stood idly by as her agents have run berserk, murdering and torturing innocent people, spying on Americans, fabricating evidence, participating in sex parties funded by Colombian drug cartels, ignoring science, and doing other things you'd expect only from the worst kind of criminal syndicate.

From AlterNet:

Here's just a selection of the controversies surrounding the agency since she took over in 2008, or which involve her own long history with the agency:

The Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General currently has six open investigations into numerous DEA scandals, including the massacre of civilians in Honduras, the use of NSA data to both spy on virtually all Americans and to systematically fabricate evidence, and controversial uses of confidential informants.
Leonhart herself has been at the center of several scandals, including the House of Death scandal in which the DEA may have turned a blind eye to torture and murder, and the Andrew Chambers scandal, in which the DEA rehired a confidential informant with a history of lying.

Read More : http://www.alternet.org/drugs/congr...mittee-no-confidence-scandal-plagued-dea-head

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, what did they EXPECT to happen? little boys with guns, money, and no morals or oversight by responsible adults ARE the worst kind of criminal cartel... utterly corrupted by power and easy cash, a total waste of the very air that they breathe.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
These kind of people do not change until they have a loved one that has a disorder that can't be helped by other medicines, and tries Cannabis and it helps them, then they understand that medical Cannabis does work, but they will still go after anyone they want to in the industry trying to help the patients, they are the criminals, the DEA, and should be treated as such by Congress, the Executive branch, and the Justice branch.
-SamS

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
What kind of people apply to become part of these organizations?

I think a lot of people who apply are first or second generation Americans who sincerely want to help America, but don't have the slightest clue about the history of drugs and the US govt.

The rest are just everyday douche bags.

meadowman

i'm guessing most have a military back ground and are already brainwashed. the dea is obsolete like the rest of our governing agencies.

DickAnubis

Hear! Hear! Jeelyfish.
I think many agents of all the fed start with an idelization of how they can serve their country.
Unfortunately they also seem prime candidates for misinterpreting those ideals and falling prey to corrupting influences.

And Yes, the rest are your common garden variety douche bag.

Well out with old trash and in with the...WHO?
For better of worse, more likely worse.

Best to keep a low profile.

DA

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm guessing most have a military back ground and are already brainwashed. the dea is obsolete like the rest of our governing agencies.

I'd say you are right. after combat, there are only so many jobs that let you play with guns and helicopters with no oversight and a poorly defined playlist of "bad guys" you can fuck with...