What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Colorado Marijuana Sales Exceed 1 Million On First Day

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
And I bet the small conservative counties and citys that did not allow recreational sales are crying when they see all that tax money bypass them.

Skip

Veteran
What I like about Colorado's law is that they're allowing sales to non-residents.

This allows everyone in uptight conservative states to get a taste of what they're missing, legality!

Legality means no paranoia, more acceptance by those who judge marijuana users, new employment opportunities, new tax revenues, new schools, less alcoholism, fewer tobacco smokers who die, in short a MORE MELLOW AMERICA!

And once people get a taste of it, they will expect and demand the freedom from fear and imprisonment for using what Mother Nature has so graciously provided for our well being!

N

NorCalDreaming

$70 and eight for retail recreational MJ in CO at some spots. People paying that are simply stupid. If you don't have a good hookup in CO you've been living under a rock.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Yah i seen 100 an 8th????

But still,their will always be the folks that dont
wanna grow an buy from anyplace for less hassle!

LEAVING US an OPEN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!
from the millions an millions who smoke/use,how many do actually think
will grow and or have great connections???

in other words,their is PLENTY of BUSINESS for all.....
i myself cant wait to see how other states start to DROOL!!!!!

its a win win for US all,go COLORADO go...................................
Lg

TheCleanGame

Veteran
What really sucks is that even though a lot of out of state people will have access to better bud... it's overpriced and still low quality. Bleah!

I had the opportunity to get some of the 'decent' bud I used to smoke in a non-medical state. Bought this stuff from the same guy, same weed, grown the same way, for almost 2 years. $60/half... every week.

I only bought a gram of it (this was after 2 years of growing/using 'quality' bud) and absolutely could not finish it. Just disgusting with the over nuted, non-flushed, poorly grown crap that it was.

Up until I expanded my little world of experience... that crap was 'decent'. LOL

Looking forward to "Clean" cannabis being readily available in all states... I'm Starting with Colorado!

Keep it Clean! :D

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah im not surprised sales exceeded 1 million when the legalization just happened and kush is going for 70/eighth. It reminds me of Los Angeles in 2000.

I wonder how long before the California effect hits, and weed prices in colorado hit rock bottom??

Will we see growers selling their best kush for $1000/lb while eating a $250 tax? only those with huge farms could afford to compete in such a market.

stay tuned shit is gonna get interesting

Last edited:

iBogart

Veteran
yah im not surprised sales exceeded 1 million when the legalization just happened and kush is going for 70/eighth. It reminds me of Los Angeles in 2000.

I wonder how long before the California effect hits, and weed prices in colorado hit rock bottom??

Will we see growers selling their best kush for $1000/lb while eating a $250 tax? only those with huge farms could afford to compete in such a market.

stay tuned shit is gonna get interesting

What do you mean "California effect"?

To keep prices fair and profitable, you could see retailers forming cartels? :dunno:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
What I like about Colorado's law is that they're allowing sales to non-residents.

This allows everyone in uptight conservative states to get a taste of what they're missing, legality!

Legality means no paranoia, more acceptance by those who judge marijuana users, new employment opportunities, new tax revenues, new schools, less alcoholism, fewer tobacco smokers who die, in short a MORE MELLOW AMERICA!

And once people get a taste of it, they will expect and demand the freedom from fear and imprisonment for using what Mother Nature has so graciously provided for our well being!

:yeahthats

This is exactly why I am so excited a state has finally done this

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
What do you mean "California effect"?

To keep prices fair and profitable, you could see retailers forming cartels? :dunno:

In the last ten years wholesale prices in cali have dropped about 50% and in the past 5 yrs or so some pretty "big players" have emerged in the CA medi scene. Meanwhile it is becoming much harder for a small-time grower to keep the bills paid

This effect will occur even quicker in colorado's new legal market

Jbomber79

Veteran
The word here in co is that with the lop sided supply/demand prices will remain high.. Other fellow co growers know that there isn't enough herb in the entire state to supply the demand especially now that folks will be vacationing in CO just to enjoy what Skip so elegantly stated "freedom"... My personal feeling is that the Cali tried to hold on to the black market far to long for fear the legalization would destroy their "market"...

atk7

It will be interesting how this market looks after one year . Yes the prices will level out after the novelty of legal weed and the supply catches up to demand. But with the tax revenues that the counties that do allow adding up the dry counties will be re thinking the vote and will be putting the issue to allow back on the table . Money talks especially to the " conservative" counties with budget issues especially when they see that an underground market already exists there and they are just sticking thier head in the sand and letting those revenues just go up in smoke.

Jbomber79

Veteran
Yes a lot of counties are playing hardball "standing up for whats right" but give it time, when the smoke clears everyone will have jumped on the wagon!

atk7

Also they have now seen that after week of legal sales the world did not end the people did not go crazy ,there were no riots and the coffers are filling.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
In the last ten years wholesale prices in cali have dropped about 50% and in the past 5 yrs or so some pretty "big players" have emerged in the CA medi scene. Meanwhile it is becoming much harder for a small-time grower to keep the bills paid

This effect will occur even quicker in colorado's new legal market

The shift will be growers having to form their own storefronts/delivery more and more clubs down in the southern part of the state are growing their own in house ....and making a killing doing so.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I feel most Canna stores will be in it for the $$$$. Weather there growing in house or not.
But the few true growers that start with low over head will create reputation,Quality,and success.It will all work its self out in the end.

quality always comes out on top.But what Im really hoping for is that Colorado will change the way we purchase seeds and for seed breeders to set up shop and breed comfortably .

Latest posts

Latest posts