What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Coastal Seeds Burmese, Smuggler's Choice Burmese and High Biscus

JohnnyChicago

Has anyone grown these strains? If so, what was your impression?

Mahalo Nui Loa.

Coastals Burmese ibl ,WLD landrace with a happy sativa slightly psychedelic high.
Ideal for jam sessions.
Nice exotic taste/terps too.

Attachments

• photo1898373.jpg
    photo1898373.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 199
  • photo1898374.jpg
    photo1898374.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 176
  • photo1904512.jpg
    photo1904512.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 204
  • photo1904513.jpg
    photo1904513.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 256
  • photo1904514.jpg
    photo1904514.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 258
  • photo1965604.jpg
    photo1965604.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 223

clearheaded

dont think its a landrace, its likely from canada ie old emery seed bank judging by those leaves which is a burmese hybrid likely a nl or WLD leaning skunk type. and finishes in 8 weeks i bet ;) but ya know an old timer he still grows his burmese after 30 years and is hip to the scene. def has a upeat nice high without a doubt is a hybrid. I forget, think it was jordan of the islands maybe or federation maybe...reeferman carried a burmese aswell. remember burma is attached to thailand ;)

JohnnyChicago

dont think its a landrace, its likely from canada ie old emery seed bank judging by those leaves which is a burmese hybrid likely a nl or WLD leaning skunk type. and finishes in 8 weeks i bet ;) but ya know an old timer he still grows his burmese after 30 years and is hip to the scene. def has a upeat nice high without a doubt is a hybrid. I forget, think it was jordan of the islands maybe or federation maybe...reeferman carried a burmese aswell. remember burma is attached to thailand ;)

It's the impressions after having grown it.
Exactly what has been asked.

And remember Burma is part of the Himalayas.
It's not Loas or Cambodia :)

I think I have read they got it from reefer, but I am not sure.

Last edited:

Lolo94

It's the impressions after having grown it.
Exactly what has been asked.

And remember Burma is part of the Himalayas.
It's not Loas or Cambodia :)

I think I have read they got it from reefer, but I am not sure.

Thanks for the responses Johnny Chicago and Clearheaded. It's nice to know that the effects are similar to advertised. Landrace or IBL doesn't particularly matter to me. I am more after a clearheaded effect, whether it be euphoric, psychadellic, or energetic. Not a fan of downer weed and the heavy comedowns of many modern strains.

Was there a clean effect to the comedown from this strain or was it tired or druggy? Did it stretch much during pre and flowering? Was it strong smelling (odiferous) vs other common strains?

I do find the qualities interesting considering the looks of the plant, although I remember having a Purple Kush in the late 80's, that although being very indica looking and early flowering, had euphoric/happy effects with very little comedown. Unfortunately, I lost this strain in Hawaii as it didn't adapt well to the climate.

I have tried Burmese/Thai Border weed (litterally, as I could see the border from the Thai side) from the Akah tribe over 20 years ago. Biggest seeds I have ever seen in my life and great trippy high. Never saw the plants themselves.

clearheaded

I guess my point was those wide leaves are not pure burmese as classic variety we know. maybe u were trying to say something else or just trivia for geography ;). Regardless burmese by and large is known for its narrow leafed nature and uplifting effects. def hybrids can have more of that edge. and if a variety does what u want, doesnt really matter if from pakistan or south africa or a mix of the 2.

xerb

Yes, Those leaves look like the VISC Burmese from the 1990s.
There are many who think it is a hybrid.
If a sativa is selected for certain indica like traits can it become an indica without any outside genetic influence??

I have heard several stories of it's origins, I KNOW it is one of my favorite strains.

burmese1.JPG

There are phenos that have indica leaning growth patterns, others are far more pure sativa looking.
Do not expect commercial yields of "hard dank buds", but extreme smell, taste and quality from the Burmese.
I have been growing and reproducing it for over 20 years. It is a fantastic strain, but it may not be as clear as you hope.

One or two tokes may be functional, the high is very creative and thought provoking, the comedown is clear.
Her power is that of a pure sativa, with no ceiling, over-indulge and you may be walking in small circles.

Many point to the wide leaves of young plants as an indication of a hybrid, but the leaves get narrower as the
plant matures, this plant had extremely fat leaves as a seedling.

DSC_0280.JPG

Just my 2 cents, XERB

DSCN0072.JPG

xerb

VISC Burmese - in my experience with this strain, I've always considered it a 10 week finisher,
and many go 11-12 weeks indoors. She finishes in October outside here in Northern California.

This time, out of more than a dozen girls, this is the fastest one. and she is past 8 weeks here.
I will let her go a couple more weeks.
She is just starting to foxtail, and will put on substantial weight, frost and color.

DSC_0418.JPG

When she started to flower she turned a bright yellow-green with gold highlights and now has pink bracts.
The leaves are starting to turn red. This is THE FASTEST, most look like they will go weeks longer.

I've tried everything to get them to finish quicker this time, without much success. I dropped the light cycle to
10.5/13.5, gave them cold 50 F nights, a bit of water stress, nothing but water for weeks.

This is more typical of the room right now, please excuse the HPS light, they are all pushing out tons of vigorous
new growth, big tufts of white hairs everywhere. XERB

DSC_0425.JPG

Lolo94

Thanks for sharing your experience with this strain Xerb. The change in leaf morphology is pretty dramatic. Never seen that big of a difference before. Rock hard nuggs have never a priority. In fact, in my experience, most strains with rock hard nuggs have an inverse relationship with the type of high I'm looking for.

Sounds like it would make a good cross with other sativas.

clearheaded

just to be clear, i meant the picture in the second post at best is a hybrid or something tottally different from "og burmese" most plants teh lower leaves ae the widest and once starts to flower yes leaves get narrower. but those in the pic are like bubba leaves. could be burmese from thseeds which is an OG cross. I trust VISC and reeferman likely had originals that the genetics that coastal seeds used but certainly look different .

Last edited:

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hey guys i am pretty sure coastal got my seeds from Bohdi Karma Genetics, he got them from a box of seeds I entrusted someone with many many years ago .
It’s Central Burmese highland related to Chinese Indica I forgot the exact name but similar Wide leaf landrace from the region was offered by one of the landraces sellers some years back anyway here is a description from Kamra’s use of the strain.
It’s a very interesting plant as looks like a WLD and smokes absolutely like a NLD

Created by crossing Pure Burmese from Reeferman seeds with WhiteA5Haze male. Resulted variety has vigour and complex aroma of earth, nuts, musk and spices. Burmese Haze LTD is very easy to cultivate and filled with typical tight Sativa buds.

Genetics: Pure Burmese x WhiteA5haze
Sex: Regular
Flowering Time: 77 - 91 Days

Latest posts

Latest posts