What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

cloning misstake=>very low yield?

The clones of my last run were the first i did for myself. Therefore I bought all I needed to make clones, also 2 greenhouses with included heatmat, thermostate and rockwool trays for the clones. The rockwool trays were put on perlite inside the greenhouse.

The thermostate with a probe head on a cable will controll the heatmat.

My intention was to get a temperature of 23°C around the rockwool trays. But I did a misstake: I placed the probe head of the thermostate on top of the trays so underneath the trays it got really hot, must have been 30°C or more. So the rockwool dried out completely within a few hours....So I watered the rockwool trays and placed the probe head underneath the trays. After that I took quite long until the first clones rooted, and many never did....

My harvest of that clones was 40% below my normal one, but it could also be other reasons (root aphids, not sure yet if the insects really are root aphids).

So my question is if such an event like the one that my clones experienced could cause such a lost in yield?

In my experience if clones are stressed you need to veg them slightly longer, as long as the plant is stress free when it starts flowering you shouldn't have much of a yield difference.
Consider using a different medium than rockwool; I use Oasis, don't know if its available around your parts.
Better luck with the next run.

Evol Seeds

how old was the plant you took clones from?
did you take the clones from the very bottom branches?
how long did you veg the clones once they were rooted?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If the health of the clones looked anything like the last run... then it's not the clones. Slow rooting won't cause 40% loss in yield.

Did the plants start yellowing about 3 weeks into flower? Looking like mag deficiency?? That's Aphids. Bleah!

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts