Crazy Composer

Mushkeeki Gitigay • Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chemdog D.
Day 62.
Organic soil.
10 gallon pots, with Roots Organic 707 blend, amended with Roots Organic Terp Teas (veg and then bloom), as well as some other stuff.
I was experimenting with an overload of bone meal this time, mixed in dry, on day 1 of final transplant and bloom.
I was curious if an overload of dry bone meal might emulate the excellent results I’ve experienced by using the liquid bone meal from Nectar for the Gods. Their liquid bone meal is called, “Herculean Harvest”. When following their instructions, you’ll end up using a SHIT-TON of that stuff throughout the crop. So… I wondered if I could recreate the beneficial calcium push that the NFTG line affords.
The answer I’ve gotten so far is: yes… but it also drives a lot of phosphorus into the plant, too, of course. And the result of that bone meal overload has been: slightly muted terpene expression, and a hotter smoke. That’s something phosphorus will cause, for sure. And since I use this recipe regularly with excellent results, I can only assume it’s that experimental load of bone meal causing those symptoms.
Anyway. Here’s some ChemD pictures. :)

Attachments

• DSC_7587.jpeg
    DSC_7587.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
  • DSC_7588.jpeg
    DSC_7588.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
  • DSC_7589.jpeg
    DSC_7589.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
  • DSC_7590.jpeg
    DSC_7590.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
  • DSC_7592.jpeg
    DSC_7592.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 103
  • DSC_7595.jpeg
    DSC_7595.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118

kro-magnon

Veteran
. And the result of that bone meal overload has been: slightly muted terpene expression, and a hotter smoke.
Hi, I don't really understand if you consider this result good or bad, I'd have thought less terpenes and a hotter smoke are negatives results, that's why I ask you what's your opinion on those results. English is not my first language so maybe I didn't get the meaning of something correctly.

Crazy Composer

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, I don't really understand if you consider this result good or bad, I'd have thought less terpenes and a hotter smoke are negatives results, that's why I ask you what's your opinion on those results. English is not my first language so maybe I didn't get the meaning of something correctly.
Not a good result, in my opinion.

kro-magnon

Veteran
By the way glad to see you posting here again, I remember some of your old threads, you have always been a reference for many growers on this forum and you always have had the most searched cuts. If I don't mistaken you've had the Chem D for almost 20 years now or maybe longer.

Crazy Composer

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By the way glad to see you posting here again, I remember some of your old threads, you have always been a reference for many growers on this forum and you always have had the most searched cuts. If I don't mistaken you've had the Chem D for almost 20 years now or maybe longer.
Yeah. Much easier to use ICMag now. I like using the phone. It used to be difficult to work with IC on the phone. But the IC crew has obviously worked to make things easier for phones. :cool:
Chemdog (Greg) gave me the clone in 2004. Let her go for some years… but she’s back again. :)

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
god those flowers. beautiful.

one day i'll have the chemd (and the 4).

i bet the dried buds are astonishing too...

do you find that the chems still have their potency in your brain after all these years and all these new strains that have come out and dominated the shelves?