What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Charlotte's Web Revisited

jump /injack

Veteran
There was a good story about “Charlotte’s Web” just about one year ago hosted by CNN and its worth while reading it and sending it to others. Its about a little girl who was having 300 seizures a week akin to “Grand Mal” type seizures; she couldn’t last much longer, her little heart had stopped before and the parents were desperate and as a last resort they tried a special type of cannabis soon to be called, “Charlotte’s Web.”

“Her heart had stopped a number of times. When it happened at home, Paige did cardiopulmonary resuscitation until an ambulance arrived. When it happened in the hospital, where they'd already signed a do-not-resuscitate order, they said their goodbyes. Doctors had even suggested putting Charlotte in a medically induced coma to give her small, battered body a rest.
She was 5 when the Figis learned there was nothing more the hospital could do.
That's when Paige decided to try medical marijuana. But finding two doctors to sign off on a medical marijuana card for Charlotte was no easy feat. She was the youngest patient in the state ever to apply”. The full story is here below:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/charlotte-child-medical-marijuana/

Sometimes the NewsPapers get it right and this time with this CNN story they hit a home run. Saving a little girls life is a very big deal, bringing her back from the edge of death with cannabis is getting to be an everyday affair now that the People are voting the uncaring and uninformed out of office.

Last edited:

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
In January, we found out my father had stage 4 cancer. Traditional medicine is not an option for him. This type of oil is my father's only treatment for his cancer. At this point, the cbd oil has slowed down the growth of his masses.

We're not sure if we discovered the masses too late to hope for the oil to cure the cancer, but after the first 24 hours of ingesting the cbd oil, my father's pain medication intake went from 130mg (give or take) daily to less than 40mg/day.. In 9 years since his first battle with cancer, his blood and other numbers (oxygen, etc) haven't been as good/stable as they've been over the last 4 months.

Hate to say it, I can tell the cancer is still eating on him as is the summer heat. No matter what anyone says, though, the cbd oil IS helping him. If nothing more than pain management and allowing him to enjoy a quality of life otherwise impossible, it's helping.

My grandmother has also taken it to help her arthritis, though I never followed up with her to see if it helped....

Thanks for sharing this post.

Latest posts

Latest posts