What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Canopy vs structure

Epo

Is the amount of nutrient/hormones received by the buds is a result of :

a) The canopy diposal. Example : A really even canopy from whatever shoots, like in the SCROG (screen of green) style

b) The structure of the plant, like in ''main lining technique’’ where we favorise a single split at the base (chandelier style) to get an even distribution of the branch

The reason of this question is to know if it s beneficial or not to remove the first bottom branch before the main split early in veg. Sometimes we can have the impression that if we keep those branch, the plant will have a more balance structure (reaching four directions). The goal is to improve yields quantity.

Note: The work is with plants from clones (2 weeks clone + 2 weeks veg) All plant have been top once for now.

H

Huckster79

I can't speak scientifically but on an observation from my current run. Idk why but the even canopy sure makes for better looking bud structure. I have 4 girls in flower. Two were carefully lst flat and wide. Two I attempted mainline get early but got confused and just kinda let email grow as they chose. The lst ones I didn't cut much off early but I did as time went on small spindly stuff went.

The lst plants have so,e beautiful colas coming up and now swelling week 5 just ending.

The other two that were left to just rip away essentially untrained have lots of buds but each one is just a small stand alone poof... looking to be more than light and airy but nothing going like a pic perfect bud that the trained girls are building daily

Train email flat is my vote