What's new

cannabis flavored beer?

jersey

has anyone tried brewing a cannabis flavored beer before? More for flavor then effect, kind of like those marijuana flavored lollipops

b8man

Veteran
That doesn't sound like a very good flavour for beer. I much prefer beer flavoured beer and cannabis flavoured cannabis - no need to be mixing.

i would enjoy it, i had it a few years ago and it wasnt bad at all. i would do it i just cant find a place to get hops. anybody know where to get hops?

If using cannabis for flavoring be sure to strain all the green once it has a chance to soak in the alcohol and remove the active. I couldn't think of something nasty to drink than big chunks of unstrained green that has been soaking in beer.

Barry

jersey

sammet, using hemp seed oil will only give you a nutty flavor, nothing close to a marijuana flavor...thanks though for the effort

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ah gotcha. I'm not sure you can get a cannabis flavour without using bud as you would the hops, but then that's not a guarentee that it'll come out tasting like the original bud used. Pretty interesting stuff - if you give it a try make sure you tell us what it was like. :wave:

Kizzattack

I don't like the taste of beer in the first place. Maybe Cannabis flavoured beer would be a good replacement.

Last edited:
yea here in canada they sell some kind of hemp beer , it has a picture of a big pot leaf on the label . Ive never mustered up the courage to try the shit tho . MOLSON CANADIAN 4 LIFE

jersey

i think what would work best is, "cannabis essential oil" , thats what they use to make those "chronic flavored lollipops" although i probably wont try it out since its not cheap either, atleast where i saw it for it sale. Also any oil isnt good for the head of the beer

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
I have found that cannabis is not a good flavoring agent for beer or mead. A very grassy flavor comes through.

I am in the process of extracting THC with 90 proof alcohol. The resulting green liquid is then reduced in volumn by half(low heat or just slow evaporation). The resulting ~ 2 or so cups of alcohol is then added to a 5 gallon batch of beer. We will see if this reduces the unpleasent grassy flavor.

G

Glad your living up to your name, Bacchus. I got a spatala to help you up off the floor. lol

guest396

If you want the beer to taste similar to the herb then brew a low hop beer next when the beer is almost ready to bottle Dry Hop it with a hop sack full of good trim read about dry hopping on the web or get a book on brewing. do not use this method to get the THC from the beer for that read on.

If you do not want the taste of the weed as used like a hop in your beer then instead of refining THC from your weed in the method you would to get hash oil, then butane it (vector butane 5x refined) or use bubble hash instead or you will get the grassy flavor and defeat your original purpose. measure the amount for 5 gal (example) and then take a 1/4cup of quality vodka and dissolve it (the THC) into the vodka you do this by heating the vodka in a Pyrex measuring cup (no open flame please!) in a small amount of water that has been brought to near boiling in a sauce pan, add the vodka/THC mix when you add the priming sugar just before the bottling.

hope this helps

OHGEE-out

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info :yes: low hop blend it is then... :D

Hops, when added to the cooling 'wort' (liquid from mash) releases natural oils and aroma that gives beer its hoppy flavour,, just like ganja can :wink:

As mentioned above the THC will sink and be lost.. but the essential oils surrounding the resin glands will be taken into the liquid ,, especially when using honey/treacle as the base sugar.

While home brewing stout / beer (from a malt and hops base) we have recently been experimenting,, by substituting some of the "extra" ingredients (like lemon juice, cold tea, or seaweed) for a pinch of ganja... :canabis:

Herbal blessing to all :friends:

Last edited: