What's new

Cannabis Clubs in South Africa

lowridersa

Many of us on here have been smoking zol in our homes for years. Since the judgement in 2018 we have seen a rise in cannabis clubs around South Africa. Fieldsofgreenforall.org.za recently published a post about the 100 plus clubs around the country. This is a very similar concept to the spanish social cannabis clubs that have been running for decades.

I personally see that clubs is the way to go, an adult private smoking space, free from wandering eyes and opinions and a safe place for cannabis consumers to partake, network and enjoy the cannabis community.

What are thoughts of cannabis clubs, have you been to one in South Africa, which is your favourite?
Personally I love a couple shops, The Canna Club in Plettenberg Bay is my alltime favourite, for a number of reasons:
good coffee, easy to access spliff and an easy membership signup form. It also is a beautiful setting, on a farm overlooking a river.

Below is a clip by Brett Pollock, their inhouse lawyer, teaching their staff about the legalities of setting up a cannabis social ( stokvel ) club.

Attachments

• DSC02762.JPG
    DSC02762.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
  • DSC02768.JPG
    DSC02768.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • DSC02770.JPG
    DSC02770.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC02777.JPG
    DSC02777.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 71

lowridersa

Let's put the plug in the jug and burn one instead :cool:

A unique cannabis public policy and industry experiment is ramping up in Malta where non-profit adult-use cannabis clubs are expected in the near future. Starting next week, Malta’s government will begin accepting applications for non-profit adult-use cannabis clubs. The European nation became just the third country on earth to pass a national adult-use legalization measure in late 2021, with only Uruguay (2013) and Canada (2018) proceeding Malta. Non-profit cannabis clubs will serve as the backbone of Malta’s adult-use industry, and this week the nation’s Home Affairs Ministry reportedly entered into discussions with an unnamed ‘main bank’ that will be needed to help Malta’s emerging industry reach its full potential. Source

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I would have loved to have some dagga when we camped in Kruger. Listening to the night sounds while smoking a joint . . . awesome! Maybe next time . . . ;)

When Canada legalized, they just followed the smoking guidelines already entrenched by the anti-tobacco zealots, so you can only smoke ganja in places where you can legally smoke tobacco. So smoking indoors is illegal everywhere unless you are in your own home or smoking-allowed hotel room. No events, cafes or clubs are allowed but the industry has been trying to fight it. Outdoors, I can walk along a sidewalk smoking but I have to butt out if I come to a bus stop, a park, a school and a thousand other places.

lowridersa

A very interesting article recently published by The Canna Club, about how to start your own cannabis club in South Africa. So if you thinking about it, this is the article you should read to start your own. Lets over grow the government.

Step 1 - Do your research. We would suggest starting by studying :

1. The SAPS directive related to Cannabis, issued in September 2023, which can be found here. Furthermore a summary of the directive can be found here.

2. The latest proposed Cannabis for private purposes bill, which can be found here. Furthermore a summary of the bill can be found here

3. Fields of Green for All Manifesto, which can be found here.

4. In addition , we highly recommend acquiring the Private Cannabis Club - Framework & Manual for set-up & management from Cradlestoned Quality Solutions, which can be found here.

Latest posts

Latest posts