What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

🌿🔥 Cannabis and Mycorrhizae in Summer Heat: Let's Discuss! 🔥🌿

Hey everyone! 🌞 I'm diving into my first summer grow with cannabis, and I've been hearing a lot about the benefits of mycorrhizae for root health in hot weather. I'm growing Afghan x Skunk and Northern Lights, and I'd love to hear from experienced growers about their tips and tricks.

How do you incorporate mycorrhizae into your summer grows? Any specific brands or types you recommend? Also, what other strategies do you use to keep your cannabis happy and thriving during the heat? 🌱💧

Looking forward to your insights and suggestions! Let's share our knowledge and make this grow season the best one yet. 🌿💬

Last edited by a moderator:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello friend, the best way to incorporate mycorrhizal is to sprinkle a small amount of granular mycorrhizae directly onto the root ball before planting. Mycorrhizae need living roots to grow, so a plant that is already growing is a must. You can poke small holes at different depths in the soil close to the roots and sprinkle a tiny amount of mycorrhizal in the holes and water it in. Hit or miss method. Good growing techniques are the best way for living mycorrhizal to thrive. I always used hay or grass mulch stacked knee-high during the hot Summer months for the best results.

• Compost: Composting can help increase natural levels of mycorrhizal fungi.
  • Mulch: Mulch the soil with organic matter like well-rotted native grass or leaf litter.
  • Top-dress: Top-dress with leaf mold or decomposed hay.

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG