What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Canadian Kids and Butane..?

vostok

Veteran
image.jpg

Three men are fighting for their lives after a Courtenay home was rocked by explosions and burst into flames Friday afternoon.

According to witnesses, three men ran screaming from the house on First Street, jumped into a truck and drove themselves to the hospital.
According to Comox Valley RCMP, all three men suffered life-threatening burns and were taken to another hospital by air ambulance.

One witness reported feeling a house-shaking explosion before the home went up in flames

It sounded like someone was getting shot, a bunch of explosions going on and I came outside and all of a sudden that whole building was up in flames,
more explosions happening,” a neighbour told CTV News. “One of the guys was on fire so bad that his shirt was peeling off of him,
so two of them were burnt pretty bad.”

image.jpg

Emergency crews arrived at the home just before 5 p.m. and saw the back side of the building was engulfed in fire.
Several canisters could be seen in the backyard.

“A fire that’s this serious and results in injuries is deemed suspicious until proven otherwise,
so we’re concerned obviously with the witness accounts of some of the explosions, but sometimes those can be explained by barbeques and those kind of propane tanks,”
said RCMP Cst. Jason Whittaker.

The cause of the fire is unknown and the RCMP is waiting for a warrant to search the home.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/explosions-rock-courtenay-home-leaving-3-severely-injured-1.2387817

GZAK

God damn... If it really was due to making cannabis extracts, then I pitty the fools. Safety should be the no. 1 priority when dealing with explosive and highly flammable materials. Though if it was just an accident, I wish the injured to get well as soon as possible.

bigbag

Veteran
nothing proven as of yet, except the visable canisters. police report expected sometime today...

W

wegobigupnorth

I just can't fucking believe the stupidity of these mother fuckers. I have made BHO since I was 14 and even then I knew the dangers which were easily avoided if done outside. IT IS WARM OUT HERE IN CANADA NOW there is zero excuse for doing this indoors (not that there ever is one)

I was making bho on my apartment balcony in shorts and a t shirt today. These guys had a house with a backyard for Christ sake.

They are going to be disfigured for the rest of their lives. Witness said one guy was on fire so bad his shirt melted right off of him..That is serious. If it got their faces people won`t even be able to look them in the eye. They may not be physically able to have sex anymore...their lives altered so much to make fucking BHO..

Last edited:

Perpetual Nooch

Is that a muffler????

You can't really blame people, and police, for being concerned about this kind of thing. Stupid idiots like these guys put everyone around them in danger, not to mention the property damage.

I don't feel too sorry for them getting injured. That might make me a bad person but I cannot tolerate stupid people.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
All the cans out in the lawn, is it possible they were blasting outside?

Butane is heavier than air. Could it pool up in a backyard like that on a calm day?

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
the worst part is the time they will do for endangering the neighborhood. the courts will have 0 mercy for this type of shit and i dont blame them.

W

wegobigupnorth

I've heard reports that they were not blasting at all and that this was butane that was stored incorrectly that caused this. Nothing confirmed yet though

vostok

Veteran
I've heard reports that they were not blasting at all and that this was butane that was stored incorrectly that caused this. Nothing confirmed yet though

LOL...LOL yeah and those cans ^^^ are my empty hair spray bottles from the 80's ...lol

when you got clothing melting along with skin, its usually indicative that gas is not only leaking in the same room as you, but its actually on and almost in you...? lol

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I just can't fucking believe the stupidity of these mother fuckers. I have made BHO since I was 14 and even then I knew the dangers which were easily avoided if done outside. IT IS WARM OUT HERE IN CANADA NOW there is zero excuse for doing this indoors (not that there ever is one)

I was making bho on my apartment balcony in shorts and a t shirt today. These guys had a house with a backyard for Christ sake.

They are going to be disfigured for the rest of their lives. Witness said one guy was on fire so bad his shirt melted right off of him..That is serious. If it got their faces people won`t even be able to look them in the eye. They may not be physically able to have sex anymore...their lives altered so much to make fucking BHO..

I agree outside... but I'm not sure an apt balcony is really good enough. In fact, I'm completely sure it is not good enough.

Butane is denser than air is. It doesn't rise, which means you likely had a nice little pool of gas... granted I suspect it was done with only a can or two... which will also mitigate risk, but still. Don't do it on your balcony. I hate seeing stories like this.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i agree stop buying it. why on gods green earth would you fuck with solvents when there is an incredible and safe alternative that you could train a monkey to do. nitro glyceryn vs c4. catch! when you know better you do better. enough said.