What's new

Buying newer vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusto

Beast
Get an old police crown victoria, they get 22mpg city 28 freeway which isnt bad
V8 engine, they can make it to 145mph too! They are the safest car and tanks, can last a long time. the only downside is replacement parts are a little more expensive than normal cuz of the special parts. oh yeah another downside is people slow down a lot in front of you hahaha

Yummybud

Veteran
I'm still thinking of getting a newer car (if I get a job soon), I"d have to sell my current car and I don't think I can spend more than 8-9 grand canadian. I ended up wasting all of my money.

I'm thinking about a mk3 vw gti vr6. They look so outdated though and I'm not sure how reliable they are. I would get a newer mk3 like 97-98 with around 150k kms or less. I've heard that vw are not reliable and that the vr6 is expensive to maintain. I don't want another money pit but I really hate to get some boring economy car like a civic.

Yummybud

Veteran
deft, I wish I could get a c5 corvette. I generally hate corvettes and american muscle cars but the c5 is pretty nice, partly because it stole porsches design with the front engine rear transaxle so it has better handling.

No way I can afford a c5 corvette.

for that price, I'd rather get a porsche 928 S4 or even gt. much nicer car than the corvetter but also pricier to maintain and fix.

Last edited:
G

For your insperation if you look hard and pay cash you can get a good deal.
Just got this 93 mr2 perfect conidtion, under 90k miles for 5k :)

Yummybud

Veteran
looks very nice. I would want a 5speed though and I"m not sure if the non turbo mr2 would be fun enough.....they only make like 130 hp or less ?

anyways I've never driven one, are they fun to drive and more important does it feel safe especially at freeway speeds.

Yummybud

Veteran
oh and one thing, I'm from Canada and most cars are cheaper in the states.

I could probably find a nice mr2 like that (non turbo) for 6-8 k cdn so it would be in my budget.

is the mr2 easy to work on? my porsche 944 isn't too bad and I do most of the work myself. I think it's quicker than the mr2 also (still slow) 0-60 is around 7.8 seconds for my 944 with the 5speed and it feels great at highway speeds in the rain and I can take corners at high speeds with confidence.

from what I"ve read on car survey a lot of people say that the mr2 is a death trap in teh winter and rainy wheather so I need some more reviews on the car.

Yummybud

Veteran
I will think about a mr2 but also thinking about a mk3 gti vr6, or possilby a 91-92 gti.

not sure which is the best decision.

G

Yummybud said:
yeah I did get new tires for my porsche, toyos, pretty good , but I was driving hard in the rain the other day and I almost lost control of the rear end... they are still way better than the old tires

I'm going to wait another two years to move out.... and by move out I mean move to a dorm when I go to law school.

I'm not picking on you.....but I have to mention this. You can pick up babes in a nice car, but you ain't keeping a single one of them the moment they find out you live with your mom. Guy with no car or a junker, but has his own place = guy who takes home the girl who ditched the guy living with his mom...

I know this as fact....I was the guy who drove a piece of junk, but had my own apartment.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Just check how easy it is to import, canada has some different safty laws than the US and I know its hard to import some cars even from the US.

G

It drives great it has 145 horse andi didn't want to get the turbo for reliability and this one had such low miles. I also got the auto as i hate shiftingwith my condition. It handles great and since it's a toyota and have been well takin care of i'msure it willlast along time. It also feels safe on the freeway as it handles well and it's easy to see all around you also the ride wasn't as hard as i though it would be.

Yummybud

Veteran
GanjaLord said:
I'm not picking on you.....but I have to mention this. You can pick up babes in a nice car, but you ain't keeping a single one of them the moment they find out you live with your mom. Guy with no car or a junker, but has his own place = guy who takes home the girl who ditched the guy living with his mom...

I know this as fact....I was the guy who drove a piece of junk, but had my own apartment.

yeah I know, I'm not trying to get a flashy car to impress girls, I just like cars and driving.

Yummybud

Veteran
hmm thanks for the info maybe I'll go drive one and see how I like it, I'd probably go for a 5speed as I generally don't like an automatic especially in a sports car.

Status
Not open for further replies.