What's new

Breeding Auto seeds

Sandnut

I got three quick questions regardingbreeding AF seeds:
If an auto Ak-47 female is pollinated by a auto Ak-47 male, will those seeds turn out to be 100% auto?
I want to pollinate the female after she develops some buds to increase the number of seeds she will yield, how late (approx days from seed) is the best way to go?
Will the production of seeds extend the (total) short flowering time of an auto? if so, with approx how much?

Thx in Advance

Intrested in buying bulk auto seeds for a good price, any decent auto strain / PM

marziano

Are you a commercial breeder?
Are you planning to sell seeds?
In ''my world'' there are no other reasons to make Fem seeds.

If you poll 100% male+female, you'll got 100% AF

Sandnut

Are you a commercial breeder?
Are you planning to sell seeds?
In ''my world'' there are no other reasons to make Fem seeds.

If you poll 100% male+female, you'll got 100% AF

Im not a commercial breeder nor am I planning to sell seeds.. I want to do a huge outdoor grow next year, and instead of buying 10,000 auto seeds for 2 dollars each im gonna breed my own, and making them females only will only make the outdoor grow easier...

CFP65

i think you will experience some difficulties along the way of realising your plans.
making CS feminised seeds is not just a walk in the park
offcourse you could be lucky and all is aok in the first run, but i doubt it
first off you can not reveg an auto, how will you then find out wich is male and wich is female. before you apply CS, wich you should start appplying at least 3-4 weeks before flower, what about the time delay between starting the "fem-males" and the females
normally in CS practice there is at least 4-5weeks from start og applying CS and to the first "fem-males" open up their pollensacs, if they open at all.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
mate if you have a female auto ak then you can make her into a hermie this will then result in her self pollinateing producing female seeds

also if you have 2 x ak ladies you can make one hermie and then take the pollen from that and put it on your other female and produce more female seeds

let me explain

if you have a female plant and make it turn hermie which is so easy to do then the resulting pollen will cotain the female gentetics because the pollen has come from a female plant and will have all the chromosones to reproduce female seeds

hope this helps buddy

peace

Sandnut

I do understand how to make fem seeds, and yes i have some ak47 fem seeds which i will use for the making of the CS feminized seeds.. No you dont have to appply at least 3-4 weeks before flower to make results, many people doing this even some days into flowering had success...

I want to go the CS way cause i believe that stressing a female to herm by light/watering might lead some herm genes onto the next generation,

Seems like it's making everything harder to even ask for help cause some people seem so negative about everything, NO ITS NO THAT HARD, NO ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

Thanks for help even tho i didnt any posts answering to my real questions, i wasnt asking wether this is hard or easy to do, im not angry dont get me wrong..

dargo

I got three quick questions regardingbreeding AF seeds:

If an auto Ak-47 female is pollinated by a auto Ak-47 male, will those seeds turn out to be 100% auto?

I want to pollinate the female after she develops some buds to increase the number of seeds she will yield, how late (approx days from seed) is the best way to go?

Will the production of seeds extend the (total) short flowering time of an auto? if so, with approx how much?

Thx in Advance

1. yes, if both parents are 100% af there offspring will be aswell.

2. its hard to say, depends on strain and pheno. when you feel there is enough hairs go for it. i get much more seeds by painting the pollen on with a fine brush

3. no it wont so be carefull, if you do it to late you could end up with over done smoke full of imature seeds.

H

hisser

Sandnut It is better to apply CS on a female as soon as it starts showing pre-flowers, I would pick up the best one and do some stressing to make sure it won't hermie easily, but I would act as fast as possible, this way I'll assure having some pollen while the other females are ready to be pollinated.

Sandnut

Thats about what I tought, it always feels better to have it confirmed from experienced people, thank you *smile*

CFP65

@ sandnut im not negative to your project
i have made some CS fems myself, and are now growing out
the first batch.
i dont know how easy AK47 autos are to "turn" and shed pollen
i can only say that the plants i did CS on followed this scematics

it took 41 days in all to open up the first balls and shed some pollen.
that is 10 days prior to 12/12 i sprayed for the first time
and stopped 14 days after beginning of 12/12 = 24 days in all spraying
and after that 17 days to the first male flower to open, and form here on it took
10-14 days to fertile pollen.
so things have to be timed to hit the window of 4-5 week of female flowering

But go ahead with your project and report about it here im looking forward to the
progress

Sandnut

@ sandnut im not negative to your project
i have made some CS fems myself, and are now growing out
the first batch.
i dont know how easy AK47 autos are to "turn" and shed pollen
i can only say that the plants i did CS on followed this scematics

it took 41 days in all to open up the first balls and shed some pollen.
that is 10 days prior to 12/12 i sprayed for the first time
and stopped 14 days after beginning of 12/12 = 24 days in all spraying
and after that 17 days to the first male flower to open, and form here on it took
10-14 days to fertile pollen.
so things have to be timed to hit the window of 4-5 week of female flowering

But go ahead with your project and report about it here im looking forward to the
progress

thanks alot bro

The plants don't necessarily have to be started at the same time...something people tend to forget. As long as you can create, collect, and store pollen you're good. Plenty of people do it.

Flying Goat

Sandnut - I'm one of those people who collect pollen like crazy... Even if I don't realize what I'm going to do with it at the time, if I get a good male, I collect him... I generally bring them indoors (all my menfolk live outside) to the laundry room & when it appears pollen drop is imminent, I move him to the dining room table (freshly polished).

After a few gentle shakes, the glass top is covered with pollen & flower fragments...

I scrape up the pollen with a credit card & put it all in a bowl... Then, I fetch a clear dark blue glass plate & metal kitchen strainer... The bowl of pollen is emptied into the strainer & the pollen grains filter thru to end on the plate.

From there, I gather just enough for individual pollinations into waxed paper bindles & place a few beads of silica gel inside, label, date, & then it's off to the container in the fridge... to wait for that all-important date with a female or perhaps to help out a friend in need... :D It is important when storing pollen to put only enough for one use into each bindle. This allows you to choose your packet, then return the rest to the fridge/freezer without warming them up.

My first auto run, I learned the hard way that you need a source of male pollen on hand in the beginning... I pollinate much as Dargo described, with a paintbrush.

From each run, I select one female as seed mistress. When it is time to pollinate her, she is removed from the grow chamber & taken to the (now clean & shining again, without the male present) dining room table... I dab pollen onto all bud sites where I want seed to grow, then place the female in a sunny window or among the pepper plants in my backyard garden for 24 hours.

Next morning, the now "pregnant" lady is brought in, given a good misting with clear rainwater, allowed to dry off a bit, then is returned to her sisters in the growing chamber... The misting is important, as water kills pollen, so in effect, I am destroying any pollen that has not fulfilled its purpose already, thereby preventing its transmission to the virgin ladies!

I always mark the pollination date on my pot tag so I will know how many days seed has been forming. I do NOT harvest my mama plants at the "magic 60-day" period. I wait until I see the little brown ripe beans poking thru their calyxes...

When I harvest, I place the entire plant in a brown paper bag to dry... I give a good healthy shake at Day #3 & usually have plenty of beans fall out. The rest I'll get when I break up the bud.

Sandnut - if you want to Keep It Simple, Sandnut, don't fool with CS or any of that stuff... Just do good ol'fashioned plant sex with live plants and/or pollen...

I have a few Fems in my garden - all have been freebies or gifts. Normally, I do not seek out fem'd beans, nor do I use them for breeding purposes.

Welcome to IC, & good luck on your auto grows!

Latest posts

Latest posts