What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Boycott Holiday Inn in Frisco, CO! (They're suing the ppl in CO industry)

So, this is happening:

Two More Lawsuits Seek To Stamp Out Legal Marijuana
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/19/colorado-marijuana-lawsuit_n_6708758.html

Here is the useful quote:
But going a step beyond simply suing the state, the plaintiffs -- Phillis Windy Hope Reilly, Michael P. Reilly and New Vision Hotels Two, the corporate owner of a Holiday Inn in the state -- are also going after participants in Colorado's commercial marijuana industry. Citing federal racketeering laws, the plaintiffs are seeking damages due to alleged injury brought on by legalization.

The suits name as plaintiffs a number of participants in Colorado's marijuana industry, including various marijuana businesses and their owners, as well as several parties who have provided support for those businesses through banking, insurance and accounting services. The suits even name a construction company, claiming that it agreed to transport water to a marijuana grow.

"The Reillys are Colorado property owners who have been injured by a conspiracy to cultivate recreational marijuana near their land," one of the suits reads. "New Vision is... the owner of the Holiday Inn in Frisco, Colorado. It is suffering injuries to its business and property caused by the operations of Summit Marijuana, a state-licensed recreational marijuana store that plans to open less than 75 yards from the front entrance of New Vision’s hotel."
Here is their business contact information; any one feel like telling what you think?! (Anyone up for jamming their fax with black faxes?)

Holiday Inn Summit County-Frisco
1129 North Summit Boulevard, Frisco, Colorado 80443
Phone: 970-668-5000 | Fax: 970-668-0958
Email: [email protected]
http://www.hfrisco.com

sgbfcoop

What a waste of __________ Feel free to Mad Libz & insert your own noun.

All it will do it stay tied up in courts as they profit from the free publicity

IRL trolololololing

Ha, yup. I just find it so offensive that they're suing a construction company, and other businesses, as well as those directly involved in the industry.

I for one would make sure to visit Summit Marijuana, in Frisco, CO, once it opens. Then, I would go over the that hotel and tell them all about my great experience, take at least 30 minutes of the hotel manager's time to complain about how terrible people the hotel owners are, in a very loud voice so all guests in the area can hear me clearly.

I hope there are people willing to picket outside that hotel, scaring off (in a nice way) their potential customers.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Assuming they're NOT a smoke friendly facility...

Just from what's posted here...

They ain't got a leg to stand on...

You can't sue somebody over plans!!!
How the hell can they prove anything if the business does not yet exist?

Buncha fuckin morons, they are!

Wish I were closer... I ain't got much better to do besides watch my plants grow... Would be fun walking around witj a big sign & a loud mouth! :D

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also...

It seems they don't value WE THE PEOPLE who brought the State(s) into existence!
&
WE THE PEOPLE that voted for Constitutional protections within the law.

I'm calling them right now to complain and tell them they're going
to be picketed (which may be an empty threat, but hey, why not?!)

B

BadPenny

3 prong attack, the citizens of CO are suing the state per the legal deal, the surrounding states are suing, and that group out of DC is suing, but over RICO statutes, I hear that is the one they are most worried about, that would slam the industry hard in CO. All before the prez can sign Rohrabacher Amendment. If he does.

barnyard

Whachu doin?) Not chillin at the Holidae In
(Who you wit?) Me and my peeps won't you bring four of your friends
(What we gon' do?) Feel on each other and sip on some Hen
One thing leading to another let the party begin

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
what a bunch of bullshit..plain and simple...if they have a good restaurant they might actually gain some business from the munchies crowd....yeehaw