What's new

Boleman is back: With his brand new addition!

Boleman

Zdar a sílu! Tak takhle to začalo. Od nuly. Jako vždycky. Ale člověk českej, s c

I am currently building a 2'x2' x 63" high tent in my closet! This time, instead of PLL lighting, I am using CMH (compact metal halide). 2 150watt Actinic Coral grow lights from my old fish tank (measured 29" of photon penetration on these)! And a DWC/Aero/Fog sump that I am designing! Pics soon to come below?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing this. How are you going to cool the cab? Do you know what you're going to run?

Boleman

Are those HQI's?

And, what spectrum are the bulbs?

How are you measuring "photon penetration"?

Oh.... And "Hi."

Yes they are 15000k actinic coral bulbs. Cameras see them easy enough to measure against a wall vertically from the floor. See above pics. Here she is a running. There are 8 2" net pots and a 5.25 gallon DWC sump right now. Still waiting for the tent to put up the lights and ventilation. Here are some pics. One of its new home, and another of what you want to see from your DWC system. Net pots not submerged, and dripping wet!😎

Boleman

Still no tent, but installed the dogger and the lights for testing!

Still no tent, but installed the dogger and the lights for testing!

The tent is promised by the end of the week, so I put in the fogger and the lights to run tests. My Ph levels are perfect, and pretty steady. With only passive ventilation, the grow holds at 87 degrees with humidity of 26-28%. Sounds like a perfect sunny day to me! Here are some pics... https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61600&pictureid=1457756

non

Veteran
wow 15000k that's quite blue shifted spectrum. is this purely for experiment or have tried these before outside of aquarium and found them working good or better than the more usual light sources for cannabis? interesting stuff.

Boleman

wow 15000k that's quite blue shifted spectrum. is this purely for experiment or have tried these before outside of aquarium and found them working good or better than the more usual light sources for cannabis? interesting stuff.

I have done it before, it works BOSS! There is a problem with the tent I ordered though, it is not the size I ordered. Boo sauce, and on top of that, my first baby Jack Herer plant has sprung from it's seed! Shit my closet has no ventilation and I don't know if I can leave my lights on all day because the wood gets too hot to touch above the lights. I've left them on for 5hours and didn't catch fire, but lucky? I don't know till the grow shows.

So I put nutrients in the water for veg, next week, aggressive vege nutrients, then another week and I'm going to flower her. Pics momentarily!

Boleman

CMH lights Rule!!

CMH lights Rule!!

2nd day plant with full vegetative nutrients and 300w of CMH full actinic coral growing lights... Blinding. LadyJack Herer is strong and preparing her first foliage for witness.

Boleman

CMH Grow On!

CMH Grow On!

Check out all these amazing new additions to this grow, I got an 8 inch centrifical blower fan and two pulse start ceramic metal halide ballasts on the top of the tent , I am fixing the lights to the ceiling currently and this growt should be proper in about 5 days. Keep on coming back and checking it out if you have any question let me know.

Boleman

Grow box PRON

Grow box PRON

My sump is 22" x 18" x 8" and I have covered the almost transparent lid with aluminum foil and duct tape. 3 2" net pots across the front of the sump with small coco pebble media. There are 5 24" bubble wands in the water, and a Halloween fogger to increase water density in the sumps air to 100%. 3 gallons of water in the sump of pH corrected tap water

In the roof we have 2 CMH (ceramic metal halide) 150 watt double ended 14000k spectrum bulbs with home built ceramic assemblys. The light's housings are 610 epoxied directly to the upper frame of the tent. The vent hole that came in the tent was too small for my 8" centrifugal fan, so I cut it off completely to accommodate the fan.

on top of the tent, I placed and wired the two ballasts for the lights. The fan was also placed over the modified vent hole on top of the tent. All of these, the power strip and air pump (sump) are all located outside the tent for heat reduction inside the tent.

This is the humidity and temp in the cab with everything running for a day, at mid day of the second day.

A whole days work worth of setup, looks potentially fruitfull!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice setup man. I loved my Pll on my aquarium. Unfortunately I threw them away (had two 260w) units. Man I still kick myself for not saving the ballasts and connectors.

I thought CMH was Ceramic Metal Halide?

I'll be lurking in the corner. This should be fun!

Boleman

Through the fly...

Through the fly...

Nice setup man. I loved my Pll on my aquarium. Unfortunately I threw them away (had two 260w) units. Man I still kick myself for not saving the ballasts and connectors.

I thought CMH was Ceramic Metal Halide?

I'll be lurking in the corner. This should be fun!

It is Ceramic Metal Halide, yes.. However you can find cheap ones by searching for compact. 1 HQI 14000k Coral bulb and 1 5300k for veg and the former for flower. Both 150watts. Thanks for the props! And now for the pron.

Boleman

I got the 5300k bulb today. Now I can run 150Watts 5300k for veg and 300Watts 14000k and 5300k for flower! Lady Northern lights is shooting up her second segment. Temps Ph balance and humidity all nominal.

Boleman

Is it a bit much to think of perpetually growing?

Is it a bit much to think of perpetually growing?

15" by 15" by 48" tent. 2 Triad ballsts, powering 4 13" Pl-l 5300k twin tube 4 pin bulbs. Mini me, make my plants flower Perpetually.

Latest posts

Latest posts