What's new

Best UK Micorrhyzial ?

LndRcLvr

One that benefits cannabis plants, I have been reading there are specific species with an association. Also one that I can actually buy in reasonable amounts In the UK so it's cost effective ideally, but any suggestions welcome.

Big up

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
One that benefits cannabis plants, I have been reading there are specific species with an association. Also one that I can actually buy in reasonable amounts In the UK so it's cost effective ideally, but any suggestions welcome.

Big up
Super post friend. Thanks. The plants do so much better with it. Someone from the UK will show up shortly and chime in on what they use. Keep us posted.

Ca++

Micorrhyzai is often thought of as a family. It's actually a process. Like raining is a process. One that needs water.
Micorrhyzai is a relationship, where a fungus helps a plant get stuff. A small number of species can do this.

I can't give a specific answer. It seems trial and error are what brings things to market. While most topics are backed by well documented studies, it seems cannabis nutrition centers around giving feeds that work. Balances that would be upset by micorrhyzai effecting the soils availability. Most notably P availability, with the family cannabis forms relationships with.

LndRcLvr

Micorrhyzai is often thought of as a family. It's actually a process. Like raining is a process. One that needs water.
Micorrhyzai is a relationship, where a fungus helps a plant get stuff. A small number of species can do this.

I can't give a specific answer. It seems trial and error are what brings things to market. While most topics are backed by well documented studies, it seems cannabis nutrition centers around giving feeds that work. Balances that would be upset by micorrhyzai effecting the soils availability. Most notably P availability, with the family cannabis forms relationships with.
Ah yes i see. I am starting to try and get my head around soil science, i have a basic education but here nothing like practical experience, I'm carefully watching the effect of the soil make up in my first indoor grow which has 50% compost 25% living soil 25% vermiculaite and Fish Blood and Bone which is obviously an organic fertilise which is released when it is broken down by the tiny soil organisms.

Ca++

Glomeromycota are 230 species which will both penetrate the root, and the surroundings. There is a transfer of energy from the plant to the fungus, and a transfer back of nutrients. They are particularly good at getting P that is otherwise unavailable. Typically existing as calcium phosphate. Only some of these 230 are useful to cannabis.

There are other families under the Micorrhyzai banner that don't penetrate the root. These are of no use to us as canna growers, but are breaking down the soils. Having both isn't harmonious though. They will just compete. The wrong one may win. Your soil is screwed..

Oddly plants will pick just one of these to work with. I guess the winner, from the place they initially evolved. The UK is teaming with different species. To the point where the best supply could be under your feet. Certainly the Which magazine compost champions for cannabis analogues, may be a good starting point. I can see the line of research needed to assess that, but I'm not a soil person, and this is all I could readily find. From the canna labels, we get pro-mix, which is inoculated already.
Inoculating some yourself, really means putting it on the roots. To get a colony growing where it is needed. As we have a fast turnover, and trying to colonise an establish pot, in a few weeks, isn't really happening.

LndRcLvr

Thank you for the information @Ca++

I guess perhaps just chucking in some healthy living soil (subjective selection) when mixing up will give the best chance of provide organisms that the plant can work with to improve growth,

Wotcha

I've always used Empathy Rootgrow. No particular reason, its got a Royal Horticultural Society print on the bag, and isn't targeted at cannabis growers which usually makes things slightly cheaper. And my mum used to use it in the garden.

Usually get it from Amazon, but placed an direct order just yesterday for some more... 10% discount for new customers which is always nice.

Looks like they also do big tubs at a good price for "professional" users if you need that sort of quantity.

weedemart

Watch for the viable spore units count instead of CFU(colony forming unit) because CFU is not a reliable indicator of quality. Any mycorhize will work , if you have high viable spore unit counts.

The most effective and most common species of mycorhizae is glomous intradice

LndRcLvr

Does anybody know of documented growth improvement by using Micorrhyzial fungi in a soil mix, during a shorter growing period for an annual species such as cannabis ?

Ca++

Can you remember bactivator? Withdrawn when product testing showed a competing poop bacteria had taken over. Essentially I paid good money, for a tiny vial of poop bacteria. Which I was adding to the supplied activation fluid, at an elevated temperature for a day or so. To ensure I woke and bred the most poop bacteria for my plants as possible.

Of all the way disgusting ways I could of been wasting my time, that might get gold.

Latest posts

Latest posts