What's new

Beet Pulp tea???

Hoping to tap into some of the knowledge on these boards.I have had a 40 lb bag of beet pulp laying around for years and just started making a tea with it.I was going to bubble it up for a couple of days and attempt to add it to one or two of my veg plants to see how they do.

I have a five gallon bucket filled almost to the top with four cups of beet pulp in knee high stocking bubbling away.

I know first hand the pitfalls of adding molasses to bubbler system and thought this might be a nice and inexpensive way to add sugar to my mixture.I currently do not add any commercial sugar additives as I just cannot pry 20 plus dollars out of my pocket for a liter of waste product.

Thank you all in advance for help and input,be safe everyone,Charles.

Ursus

i dont see a question mark in there? if it's about adding molasses to tea then I would say go ahead.

h.h.

Veteran
Perhaps good for magnesium and iron even a little calcium depending. Not much call in using air, just a soak to make a tea, then aerate with some added ewc, compost, or combination of stuff to add microbes, bubbling for just a day.
You may still add molasses Their carb level may be low (6%?)and perhaps mostly starcn.
They're an adequate cattle feed that requires other supplemental feed. Low in protein, as well as copper and a few other trace minerals. I think depending again on soil grown in.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from what I know beet pulp is been used for a while now

I believe it's whats in bio bizz? plagron has something with beets, and I believe bio sevia uses beets for nutrient content

I guess I am not really adding anything, but I know beets are being used in nutrient production, to what extent, not sure, but if there using it I"m sure it's fine to use, what ratios is the key point to be determined

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
Hoping to tap into some of the knowledge on these boards.I have had a 40 lb bag of beet pulp laying around for years and just started making a tea with it.I was going to bubble it up for a couple of days and attempt to add it to one or two of my veg plants to see how they do.

I have a five gallon bucket filled almost to the top with four cups of beet pulp in knee high stocking bubbling away.

I know first hand the pitfalls of adding molasses to bubbler system and thought this might be a nice and inexpensive way to add sugar to my mixture.I currently do not add any commercial sugar additives as I just cannot pry 20 plus dollars out of my pocket for a liter of waste product.

Thank you all in advance for help and input,be safe everyone,Charles.

how did the plants respond?
thx