What's new

BedBug's Bondaged Bitches in Beds with Blumats in the Basement

B

BedBug

I made a few beds. This is how they turned out -

I made 4 of those beds and they're all 2.5'x5'. I put them under 2 - 1000W HPS down in a basement.

You can see some of the bitches in the background, they are ChemD and UK Cheese. There are 8 bitches per bed, 16 of each and they're all tied down every way I could tie them down.

I'm about 9 days into the flowering cycle and I'll have some pics of the bitches tomorrow.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Tell us more about how your getting on with the blumats watering system, ive been interested in those for ages man! oh & i see no pics either bro! Good Luck!

B

BedBug

Hmm, I don't know why you can't see the pics. I can see them ok. Maybe it has something to do with my post count :dunno:.

I really love the Blumats. I've been using them for a little more than a year now and I can't see myself throwing them away any time soon. They've cut the amount of time I spend watering my plants by about 98%. They also do a much better job of maintaining the proper amount of moisture in the soil than I do. Here's a picture of them in action, I have 17 drippers per bed:

I took some shots of the plants today. They are 10 days from the flip. The ChemDs are showing a lot of buds already. They are, however, showing some strange discoloration on some of the leaves.

Room shot, Cheese in the back half, ChemD in the front -

Cheese group shot -

Some bends on the Cheese, I just bent them all over last night -

A couple Cheese budshots -

And a few ChemD budshots -

The plants weren't in the best of shape when I transplanted them, but they seem to be adjusting ok. There are some thrips and gnats in there that are bugging me, and I've had some powdery mildew the past few runs, so I'll be hitting them with some JMS Stylet Oil and Monterey Garden Insect Spray over the next few days. I also have to trim all the under shit out of there in those days. After that, I should be pretty smooth sailing.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sorry if you still can't see the pics, maybe once my post count gets higher, they'll magically appear.

B

BedBug

Ok, I think I'm only allowed to post thumbnails in my thread, but I believe the pics are showing now.

B

BedBug

Thanks for stopping by.

I got a little less than 3/4 of all the under shit cut out last night. I'll be finishing it all up tonight. I got all the chemds and a few of the cheeses. I took a picture:
picture.php

I'm a bit more than two weeks in and things seems to be looking ok. The chemd buds are forming really quickly and the weird coloring I have on the older growth doesn't seem to be showing up on the newer growth yet. I started adding half-strength Botanicaire PBP Bloom Soil Formula. They all seem to be liking it.

picture.php

Yeah, the canopy is going down hill. It will all be straightened out tonight when I finish the under trimming.

Cheeses -
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some Chemds -
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So that's about it. I tried posting bigger pictures, are they working?

See you all later.

B

BedBug

Thanks Lazyman, and everyone else who's stopped by.

I turned off the lights for a little while and simulated a lightning storm for the ladies tonight. Here's how they took it, 17 days into the flowering cycle -

The ChemDs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Cheeses
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The flash was a little bright on the close-up shots. I'll get the camera ironed out before this run is over.

Thanks for checking my shit out.

Nice bitches and a nice setup you got there...

I've been interested in the blumats for awhile but haven't taken the plunge. I'm sure there's a learning curve as far as setting them appropriately, but once you have it down is it quick and simple to setup and adjust all those drippers correctly? I'd worry that one malfunction or improperly set dripper could throw a lot off...

Yeah dude, I'm not much of a fan of snitches either....

P

Peat

Nice looking ladies BedBug! :respect:

Diggin yer beds, fo sho bro! :yes:
Looks like a lot more to em than just a box...

:lurk:

B

BedBug

The blumats aren't completely flawless, but I have yet to find a system that is. They are easy to dial in, the first time I used them they dialed in just fine. I've had some experience of the tiny drippers getting a little gunked up and clogging around the 4 or 5 week mark if you don't look at them often enough. So I've found it's good practice to take a quick glance at all of them to make sure they're dripping as they should.

Peat, glad you could stop by. Yeah, they're a little more than just a box, but not much. The inside of the box is lined with poly to keep it all waterproof. Then there's a 2 inch layer of hydroton on the bottom with 3 inch PVC tubes in each corner of the box pressed 1 inch into the hydroton. I covered the hydroton with vinyl garden fence and then put landscape fabric over the fence to keep all the hydroton in place. The PVC pipes allow passive airflow to get down into the hydroton, and then up through the soil.

The girl's are a day over 4 weeks into their flowering cycle and I think they're looking pretty good. Definitely starting to fill in. It should get exciting from here on out.

I've been a little busy, but I will take more pictures this evening after the lights go on and update the thread tonight.

the gnome

Veteran
I made a few beds. This is how they turned out -

I made 4 of those beds and they're all 2.5'x5'. I put them under 2 - 1000W HPS down in a basement.

You can see some of the bitches in the background, they are ChemD and UK Cheese. There are 8 bitches per bed, 16 of each and they're all tied down every way I could tie them down.

I'm about 9 days into the flowering cycle and I'll have some pics of the bitches tomorrow.

sorry if I missed it but whats the depth on the 2.5'x5' beds you made?

on the pvc pipes, have you tried this system with out them to see if the plants grow bigger or faster?

novel idea of how to get air down there.
great grow my friend!!:tiphat:

P

Peat

The blumats aren't completely flawless, but I have yet to find a system that is. They are easy to dial in, the first time I used them they dialed in just fine. I've had some experience of the tiny drippers getting a little gunked up and clogging around the 4 or 5 week mark if you don't look at them often enough. So I've found it's good practice to take a quick glance at all of them to make sure they're dripping as they should.

Good tip. :yes:

What's the source of your gunk?
(LK would gunk my pump, back in da day...)

I recently switched up to enriched soil. (LC Mix #2 w/ Nute Recipe # 1)
I hope to be hooking up my Blumats VERY soon. (Res huntin')
This first run, I planning on water only. (50% RO / 50% tap) (pHed to 6.8)
See how they do...

Peat, glad you could stop by. Yeah, they're a little more than just a box, but not much. The inside of the box is lined with poly to keep it all waterproof. Then there's a 2 inch layer of hydroton on the bottom with 3 inch PVC tubes in each corner of the box pressed 1 inch into the hydroton. I covered the hydroton with vinyl garden fence and then put landscape fabric over the fence to keep all the hydroton in place. The PVC pipes allow passive airflow to get down into the hydroton, and then up through the soil.

Fuggin genius / mad scientist :muahaha:
:thinking: ... the processes of evaporation & root (& soil biology) transpiration might create a natural "convection". Pulling air in thru the tubes & out the surface of the soil... :yes: :dunno:

The girl's are a day over 4 weeks into their flowering cycle and I think they're looking pretty good. Definitely starting to fill in. It should get exciting from here on out.

I've been a little busy, but I will take more pictures this evening after the lights go on and update the thread tonight.

B

BedBug

sorry if I missed it but whats the depth on the 2.5'x5' beds you made?

on the pvc pipes, have you tried this system with out them to see if the plants grow bigger or faster?

I built them 14 inches deep, so with the 2 inches of hydroton in the bottom, the soil depth is 12 inches. This is the first time I've tried these beds, so I haven't done them without the PVC. It seems as though these beds without the PVC would not perform as well because there is no way for the roots and soil to get oxygen except from the top surface. Kinda like if you had individual plants in pots with no holes.

Good tip. :yes:

What's the source of your gunk?
(LK would gunk my pump, back in da day...)

I recently switched up to enriched soil. (LC Mix #2 w/ Nute Recipe # 1)
I hope to be hooking up my Blumats VERY soon. (Res huntin')
This first run, I planning on water only. (50% RO / 50% tap) (pHed to 6.8)
See how they do...

Fuggin genius / mad scientist :muahaha:
:thinking: ... the processes of evaporation & root (& soil biology) transpiration might create a natural "convection". Pulling air in thru the tubes & out the surface of the soil... :yes: :dunno:

I think the source of my gunk would be LK as well. When I open up the drippers that seem to not be dripping, I get a nice, dark, black booger come out, resembling what could be a glob of LK that remained unagitated for a tad too long. These clogs are very minor and the bi-weekly periodic maintenance on these things are painless.

My rez is just a 18-or-so gallon rubbermaid tub. It holds 12+ gallons without flexing or anything.

I actually copied the design of these beds from a book that was given to me a few years ago written by that guy Soma. His beds were 4'x4' though. I wanted smaller, more mobile beds that would cover a slightly larger footprint.

I wasn't too happy with the lighting tonight, but, as promised, here are a few budshots. I checked the calender and they are exactly 4 weeks in.

Cheese (every time I've run this clone, the leaf tips get ever-so-slightly burnt, but the rest of the plant looks wonderful)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ChemD
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's about it for now. I'll update with more pictures in about a week.

Thanks for stopping by :smoweed:

islandboy

I am really diggin the soma style beds! do you follow his advise on organic amendments etc. or are you growing in pro/sunshine mix and feeding them via water?

I tried his feeding recipe in pots and it produces some great ganja if you have the time/space to make the teas.

I built them 14 inches deep, so with the 2 inches of hydroton in the bottom, the soil depth is 12 inches. This is the first time I've tried these beds, so I haven't done them without the PVC. It seems as though these beds without the PVC would not perform as well because there is no way for the roots and soil to get oxygen except from the top surface. Kinda like if you had individual plants in pots with no holes.

I actually copied the design of these beds from a book that was given to me a few years ago written by that guy Soma. His beds were 4'x4' though. I wanted smaller, more mobile beds that would cover a slightly larger footprint.

Thanks for stopping by :smoweed:
Hi,
Congrats on the beaucoup big bad bud beds. Can I ask, is it 17 blumat sensor cones in each bed, or does that count dripper extenders?
I'd also like to know what you think your results (regarding Blumat performance) would be in a much shallower bed, say 7 inches deep. Do you think they'd function just as well?
+rep
SW

Latest posts

Latest posts