What's new

az greenhouse grow?

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
How do you read the regs pertaining to growing in a green house? I think the wording is pretty muddy. It states it must be an enclosed lockable room, then goes into outdoor growing needing a 10 ft. tall fence with a 1" steel lockable door.
I have a back yard roof covered area (8x14) that is attached to the house and adjacent garage. I want to glaze the remaining two sides and maybe install a skylight or two.
The yard is very private unless someone wanted peek over the 6' wooden fence.
I think the regs infer they don't want to see the plants.
Anyone see anything else that addresses this issue?
203 compliant until the 25 mile rule is kicked in.
thanks.

As I reread my post my space would technically be a sunroom. Any difference to the law?

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Sunrooms

Sunrooms

My friend down the road has a stand-alone greenhouse, 10x15, that has milky-white sides and clear lexan top. It has a key and lock. It qualifies.

If you want to grow in direct sunlight you have to build the 10 foot tall block or wood wall with the 1" solid metal door. I guess they want it so that a person cannot only not see what's inside, but they have to trespass to look in or get in.

I have a sunroom attached to my house. It has a locking door from the outside and a locking, sliding glass door from the house side. Best of all, I have a 6 foot fence around my yard, locked. For someone to peer into my sunroom patio, they would first have to climb the fence, get past the dogs, and walk in far enough to view through the cracks. In other words, an unlikely trespass. It's on this thread, "Post Your Greenhouse":

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=48772&page=12

Here's an update:

The Arizona law is nebulous. By August we we know much more when the first dispensaries are licensed and start building. Are you aware of Bill Hayes' suit against the 25-Mile Rule that is sitting in front of Judge Bolton waiting to be ruled on?

This thread covers it:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229622&page=2

May Hayes prevail....

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
sunroom

sunroom

Well I am sitting on a pile of 2x7 ft. glass panels. I plan on using them for one side, and a patio slider on the end.
I may look into hanging something inside to make it more opaque.

Yeah I know about BH suit. I drop into their site to see what's up. pretty quite lately.

I have always wanted a greenhouse here. Makes for a really nice environment for lots of things.

Peace

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
talk about keeping it low key.. there aren't that many objects in arizona that are 10' tall.. :p