What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Awesome underground grow room discovered.

bigbag

Veteran
here in BC, many of the underground guys actually have professional gas fitters "hot tap" and divert the natural gas pipeline...hardcore stuff ;)

bigbag

Veteran
^ not at all, was on the news a while back after a bust...but is local common knowledge that many heavyweights are running natural gas hot taps, underground

blastfrompast

Veteran
I like the natural gas genny idea..easier to not get detected than sucking massive amounts of juice....

Me I pay for my hydro..but I only have a handfull of lights.

Bulldog420

Veteran
So, all this money and amazing equipment and dude puts a fake rock on the cave opening? Cut a real rock in half and have some hydrolics to assist the opening. Hindsight is 20/20.

justpassnthru

Veteran
That "pot cave" was sold and is now a cheese cave, as of 7 years ago...

http://archive.digtriad.com/news/article/94501/0/Pot-Cave-Turned-Into-Cheese-Cave

Hartsville, TN -- There could a "bleu" future for a former pot cave. Cheesemaker Roth Kase USA has purchased the Tennessee property that had belonged to a jailed pot grower. Authorities found more than 850 marijuana plants growing in a large cave beneath a house.

The house/cave and land sold at auction for $285,000. The Wisconsin-based cheesemaker is hinting on the property's future. The company says the cave will be used to make money in a tasty way. Caves have long been used to age cheese. The company makes European-style cheeses, including bleu cheese.

Associated Press

RonSmooth

Veteran
Only as strong as the weakest link.

They had the sophistication to put together that space, hvac, hydraulics, electrical, excavation etc. But then they turn around and steal enough electricity to disrupt the neighborhoods service?

Nobody thought that was a bad idea?

Jhhnn

Veteran
Only as strong as the weakest link.

They had the sophistication to put together that space, hvac, hydraulics, electrical, excavation etc. But then they turn around and steal enough electricity to disrupt the neighborhoods service?

Nobody thought that was a bad idea?

The number of people busted over that has to be phenomenal. When you're using enough power that they need to upgrade the neighborhood, You need some sort of power hungry cover operation. That's not easy in a residential neighborhood.

T

tropicannayeah

I has nothing to do with the fake rock it was all about stealing power...whether they found the rock or not the authorities would of eventually located the cave after working out where the power was going missing.

Stealing electricity is just asking to be busted...it's a bit like car dealers who wind the odometers back on high mileage cars to get a better price, what that basically shows is that either the cash cropper or the used car dealer is not good enough to make money without cheating....I sneer and slowly shake my head when I read about these types of people.

If they paid for their power, they would still be making $50K or $80K gross per month and not living in a cell....all they had to do to justify the high power use was to put a sign on the front of the property for a business or hobby that uses lots of power &/or used industrial type generators along with the maximum amount of paid for power they could use without drawing attention.

or they could of stole the power and bribed the right guys that work for the local power company.

I have zero sympathy for cash croppers like this...there's plenty of money to be made in the cash for bud business,the profit margins are huge and there's no tax to pay.

Last edited:

Jurkone

Nice growing room, very discreet, but i agree too, that stealing the power was a really bad idea... Anybody with a growing space like that? :dance013::dance013::bump: