What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Anyone holding on to the OG ducksfoot?

grod31

Veteran
I know the potency was not great but man that was some cool weed. Maybe so Aussies out there holding it down?
How about hybrids? I see that Dutch passion still carries Frisian Duck. To bad it only fems.

grod31

Veteran
Oh, I see you are Mr. wally duck. Im glad you are still around and have some genes.I'm really surprised people haven't taken more of a liking to this strain.
I would bet now that home growing is more legal its uniqueness would be a real crowd pleaser.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Oh, I see you are Mr. wally duck. Im glad you are still around and have some genes.I'm really surprised people haven't taken more of a liking to this strain.
I would bet now that home growing is more legal its uniqueness would be a real crowd pleaser.
if i had been able to finish the work i was doing and not lose the important base of seed i had , things would have gone a lot differently ,
but sadly being busted a few times lead to disaster as far as losing seeds and cuttings i had held onto, one of the prices we have paid in this war on drugs ....
i was also a little overly generous with the first batch of seeds i made, before the want to share them commercially came about , im much more wary about how i do stuff thesedays ,
i may have some of the one i mentioned , the hybrid of ducksfoot and webbed indica , a few generations removed that i managed to get from a guy whose dad lives near me and got the seed in some bag of weed, im hoping they are what i suspect ,
and hoping to be able to grow some out soon to check that ....

Magu🌈

if i had been able to finish the work i was doing and not lose the important base of seed i had , things would have gone a lot differently ,
but sadly being busted a few times lead to disaster as far as losing seeds and cuttings i had held onto, one of the prices we have paid in this war on drugs ....
i was also a little overly generous with the first batch of seeds i made, before the want to share them commercially came about , im much more wary about how i do stuff thesedays ,
i may have some of the one i mentioned , the hybrid of ducksfoot and webbed indica , a few generations removed that i managed to get from a guy whose dad lives near me and got the seed in some bag of weed, im hoping they are what i suspect ,
and hoping to be able to grow some out soon to check that ....
Hey man. I just made it here from overgrow. What can you tell me about this cross? Z99 x Ducksfoot x (unknown).

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey magu, I know you there too and it's also nice to see you here.
Z99 x duck hmmm while I know both intimately I don't remember any z99 x duck x unknown, who did those ?
I don't think I had the duck and z99 at the same time so perhaps someone else did it?

Magu🌈

Hey magu, I know you there too and it's also nice to see you here.
Z99 x duck hmmm while I know both intimately I don't remember any z99 x duck x unknown, who did those ?
I don't think I had the duck and z99 at the same time so perhaps someone else did it?
I dont know anything about them. I think they may have come from Gypsy Nirvana. Or at least from that time frame. I have been doing research on your ducksfoot. There is not a lot of information but it seems that quite a few people were breeding with it. Maybe when you first released it.

Magu🌈

Yea probably so magu,
I know what they /it goes with best I'd imagine so hopefully in time can come up with few nice hybrids that take advantage of its positive traits
I would very much like to see you make some more Ducksfoot crosses. Im sure that everyone else would too. I have too admit that I am ignorant of most breeding and pot related history. I live in an isolated area. I only got access to the internet 3 years ago. Most of what I know is from random articles in old magazines. High Times, Cannabis Culture, Weed World, Skunk and such.

Magu🌈

Hey guys. These are a “Duckweb IBL”. They are not the original ducksfoot. “El Duck” has already seen them but I thought the rest of you might find them interesting. I hope that is OK. 🌈
2A6B46B4-DE28-4489-A8E1-7111B2DCEA62.jpeg

1ACD96B6-FE0E-4338-B487-AE16CA021656.jpeg

7EE318C0-D4C7-4B40-829E-C1602E9F8F40.jpeg

Magu🌈

I think these “Duckweb IBL” plants are also called a Hawiian indica. So does anyone know the genetic history of that strain?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey magu ,
i dont know about the one you are growing ,
but i did get some of the webbed indica back in the day ,
from hawaii,
im not sure they were called that or if i donned them that name ,
perhaps the guy i got them from just called them webb ,, but yea it was a long while back so some details elude me ,
however i recall a lot about the plants , and they grew like an indica vs my ducksfoot which was obviously sativa dominant ,
they only grew a few foot high , with huge fat hollow stems ,
very little branching,
and red veins in the leaf , the bud was leafy and quite average looking ,
but it really packed a punch in the pipe, i do have some pictures of them somewhere i rediscovered recently , i will dig them up later ...

Magu🌈

Hey @Donald Mallard . These are bad pictures but the stem on mine looks very similar to yours. It is a flat stem. Not round.
D43CEBD8-C013-4F8E-A187-D39728DFDFF1.jpeg

And if you look real hard you can barely see that the leaf stem on the upper leaves have a red vein running through them.
FF22D6C1-AA34-4145-B0C5-B362E286F4B7.jpeg

That dark line going from top to bottom of the picture is the wire cage.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hard to see the stem ,
but judging by the leaf its more like ducksfoot than webbed indica ,

check out this little beauty coming on magu ,
im hoping its some of the hybrid i made with ducksfoot and the webbed indica ,
sourced down south , but he got off his dad who lives near me and he got it in some bags of weed back when i was growing that stuff , so its highly likely what im hoping for ...

duckie.jpg

Magu🌈

hard to see the stem ,
but judging by the leaf its more like ducksfoot than webbed indica ,

check out this little beauty coming on magu ,
im hoping its some of the hybrid i made with ducksfoot and the webbed indica ,
sourced down south , but he got off his dad who lives near me and he got it in some bags of weed back when i was growing that stuff , so its highly likely what im hoping for ...

View attachment 19031670
Hey @Donald Mallard . That is sooo fucking cool. 👍 That strain has certainly been the long way around to get back to you. I hope it is exactly the way you remember it. 🤞