What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Anyone here ever grow'n both AK47 and SuperSkunk?

Rabbi

Hey all first post:woohoo:, K after many, many, hours of internet and forum searching I've been trying to find a indoor 7wk'er with top yields and still HQ smoke. I think I've finally narrowed it down to two but can't make up my mind from their as I here excellent things from both sides. Has anyone actually grow'n both of these? If so which one do you like best and why? Thx

P.S. - I'm referring to AK47 from Serious Seeds and SuperSkunk from Sensi Seeds.

Wait...What?

Veteran
I've only grown the AK and its not skunky at all [either the Dutch-type skunk, or North American black and white stinky rodent (the two are in no way alike)] My AK47 smells like cherry cough drops (and autoflowers when pot-bound) so if you're looking for either a dutch-style soapy skunk or a polecat roadkill, AK47 aint it.

Rabbi

Thx alot for the info but to be honest not exactly what I'm looking for. Hydro will be used and as long as it's a high yielder with smoke and buds most people would enjoy those are my main concerns. I don't care if it doesn't smell skunky just as long it still smells deadly. Thx again though for trying.

I would really love to hear from someone who has actually done both before so I could get a true unbiased opinion. If someone's only grew one then how could you tell me the differences between growing both?..but if you can please do lol.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
7 weeks is askin abit mutch...;)

but i think SS will be quicker than AK....ive grown them both,,,,,AK is better and tastes zingy sometimes

you gota remember that phenos from both lines will differ,,,,some 8 weekers some 9weekers,,,etc

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive grown both Ricks right the SS is quicker mine finishes in 55 days and the ak i pull at 60... But out of the both i liked the smell and taste of the SS better the AK i grew had a bland woody taste both yielded about the same but the SS was from seed and the AK was a clone i received from a friend so i havent tried any other phenos from AK but personaly i prefer the Super Skunk...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BENJ is the best man for the best answer here!!......

whats the better yealder bej,,,an witch has more vigor?..

shame you didnt get to see a few more pheno`s of the AK benj,,,.i think you might have liked the longer flowering phenos better than the clone your friend gave you:)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the Pheno I got of Sensi Star. I also had AK going at the same time. The Quality of SS was way better and tasted better then the AK. The AK was a bigger yielder. I grow for Quality not quantity. I know you asked for Super skunk is there a particular reason you want that strain?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BENJ is the best man for the best answer here!!......

whats the better yealder bej,,,an witch has more vigor?..

shame you didnt get to see a few more pheno`s of the AK benj,,,.i think you might have liked the longer flowering phenos better than the clone your friend gave you:)

It was a tie for yield but the super skunk had denser more tighter buds and the AK had more vigour but less denser and fluffier buds...

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the Pheno I got of Sensi Star. I also had AK going at the same time. The Quality of SS was way better and tasted better then the AK. The AK was a bigger yielder. I grow for Quality not quantity. I know you asked for Super skunk is there a particular reason you want that strain?

Hehe hey hammerhead i crossed my Super Skunk with my male Sensi Star im yet to test it out think it'll be quite nice judging by both the parents...

Rabbi

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:yoinks: Damn now those are beauties. No particular reasons really just looking for a change but needed something to fit my criterias of 7wks, high yielder and a fanclub pleaser lol. The more I read the smaller the list came untill finally these last two. Plus Skunk is something I have yet to dabble in.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Id delete that last post if i was you its against the rules..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol I was waitin for you to say somethin Benji. Im sure he did not know.

That SS is a big stinker so you better have oder control

Rabbi

Id delete that last post if i was you its against the rules..

Done and thanks again for your help, appreciate it big time as I figured I would have one hell of a time trying to find someone with that exact info I needed.