What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

any SOG/SCROG growers wanna lend a hand/advise

DemonTrich

Veteran
any scrog/sog growers mind lending an internet hand? ive been a grower for about 4 years. 3.5 years ive been a caregiver (legal) for 5 people plus myself. I consider myself a pretty good grower. ive had not a single plant issue (bug, def, lock-out, ect), minus my a/c taking a shit on me at 2am and having my temps rise to 84* (normal is 73*). so I guess I do pretty well for a grower of 4 years.

I would like to try my hand at a scrog/sog this time. im looking for a little better yields. im not complaining about my past yields, as they have been above average ++. my new bloom room will be 8x12x6.8' room with 3x600hps in big kahuna hoods. I grow in either 3.7gal or 4.7 pots, but prefer 4.7 pots. I have a separate veg room (5x10x6.8 tent) with 1x600mh in big kahuna hood, plus 4x 4x4 6500 t8 lights for clones, seedlings, ect in the same room. so I will be transferring the veg plants to the flower room.

thanks for the help everyone. this Monday im building my new bloom room, Tuesday finishing touches/dialing in, Wednesday next cycle gets moved in and dialing in. plants are 10x gorilla glue #4, 2x og ghost, 1x laughing buddah, 1x valentine X cbd in 3.7gal pots.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
so whats the question ???grab a bunch small square pots ,add clones,pack em in tightly and flower=sog

DemonTrich

Veteran
I cant occupy my flower room to let plants veg. I need that room to satisfy my patients needs. would I be able to move the veg plants into the flower room, lay out the grid have a weaving party?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I cant occupy my flower room to let plants veg. I need that room to satisfy my patients needs. would I be able to move the veg plants into the flower room, lay out the grid have a weaving party?

Its more simple than it appears. Just put them under the screen and start weaving. I would advise not to weave too closely though. The first time I scrogged, I wove the branches too closely, and I was excited to have 50+ shoots/branches in a 3ftx3ft area at the beginning of flower, but by the end I only had about 25 well developed colas due to over-crowding and shading. Less would have been more in this situation for me. With practice, you'll figure out the spacing.

DemonTrich

Veteran
ill give it a try this flip cycle. how do you compensate for the stretch while tucking and weaving? my plants stretch about 30-40%, gorilla glue x10, og ghost x2, a laughing buddah x1, and a valentine X this go.

Former Guest

if youre gonna scrog, what I do is not weave the branches in and out but to instead pull them back under the screen so the screen is what holds them down. this way, if a cola is going out of control and you want to rearrange stuff, then it's really easy because the branch is not weaved so you just have to grab it and place it where you would rather have it. to fill in empty spots, you let the colas stick up and push the colas that are taller down lower than the ones you want to get longer.

moving the plant into a bloom room that is running 12/12 not allowing you to veg it out makes it tough and when I tried it, the plants didn't stretch as much as I thought, the plants have to be trained in veg using LST or a modular scrog for each plant that you can slide under the scrog in bloom and then release. Verdant Green does the modular scrogs. I'm trying to LST one instead and then I can just let the strings go when it's time to flip into bloom. but the time it took to LST is a drag. I'm reconsidering everything since I don't have two bloom rooms to run opposite of each other so I can veg and bloom in the same room. I think that is what most people do is run multiple rooms.

DemonTrich

Veteran
so pretty much just move the plants from my veg space to my new flower space. set up my screen, tuck sites in net spaces, then raise net as the flowering plants stretch? all 3 strains pretty much grow about the same (height wise).

much appreciated for the help everyone.

Former Guest

The screen stays in place. When the cola gets about 3-4" above the screen, pull it back down under the screen so the tip is about an inch above the screen using the net to hold it down. When stretch is about over, you can let them grow up 3-5" or so snd you should have a field of green with even colas. Then trim their larf under the screen as it gets no light and detract from your yield.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I just use the screen to force the plant into growing 4 equal heads, a true sog is 6" sq per plant, this scrogged (trained) scrog is to ideally fill 1 sq ft, so I call it a fake sog. Pruning and lolipopping to get what I am after, flower that. .. As with everything, it is strain dependent and different gardens and growers have different results, but you have flexible opportunist and the one thing i will guarantee you and all other growers is that experimentation leads to advancement.