What's new

Any Advice for growing Lowryder x Diesel?

jennee

Hi all! I have started a micro grow (pics coming soon) of Lowryder x Diesel. I know things like odor and yield are not going to bring home any trophies but it is what i'm growing due to limited space and time. Also, for the first time ever I'm growing in soil.

My question: Does anyone have experience growing this strain? Any advice about nutes? I want to get some seeds from this run so will they make seeds if i just leave a male in there or is there some sort of timing issue??

Thanks.

Last edited:

jennee

To be more specific...........

I have been growing for 7 years. I have mostly done DWC hydro. I have grown Skunk #1, Ice, MIsty, Love Potion #1, Time Goddess, Jack Herrer, Bubble GUm, Blueberry. I do not need any newbie advice.

I noticed that Love Potion #1, for example is sensitive to nutes. I had to feed it about 75% strength compared to others. Some strains were more stretchy than other and needed to be topped at beginning of flower phase, etc.

Just wanted to know if anyone out there has become up close and personally familiar with the Lowryder x Diesel strain. For simplcity I'm just going with soil this time.

thanks

Mr.qewk

If you are talking about the Joint Doctor's Diesel Ryder and not some other cross I can offer you some info.

I can tell you they are not nute sensitive, mine actually like to be fed large doses.
I cut my nutes by 50%(usually using 2x dosage of a high N brand) on a few plants and it caused a minimal branch stretch which I didn't want at that time.

I wouldn't recommend using less then 3-4L per pot.

Expect to get some mini ones (15-30cm) but the majority of those I have seen ended up around 60-90cm(2-3L pots using a 250HPS).

Topping auto flowering plants is not generally recommended but I have no first hand experience with that so I might try it soon.

good luck.

algrow12

I have also done a Run of them I only did 3 in trash can outside out of the three 1 died one was 2ft and the other about 9" tall I lsted the big one and it did take to the lst

m00

i have grown them twice now. the first time i had 2 per 11litre bucket and the second time in 4 litre pots. both were grown under 3x200w envirolites. the first ones grew a lot taller and bushy so i would prolly recommend bigger pots than 2-3L. I also tried topping several the second time with mixed results. half grew buds that totalled less than a single kola plant and the other half grew a good bit more. maybe i would have had better results if they were in bigger pots.
I also found that they take a while to recover from over feeding so be careful.
from the 20 done the height ranged from 10-18inches.