What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

American Legion in favor of Medical Marijuana

Sforza

Veteran
The American Legion has asked Congress to pass a law to remove cannabis from Schedule I and reclassify so that recognizes its potential medical value.

This should put pressure on the Congress to force the DEA to stop with its ridiculous refusal to reschedule cannabis.

Hopefully, this will get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Dr. Sue Sisley, a researcher involved in the first federally-approved study to investigate the potential benefits of treating PTSD with pot, applauded the American Legion’s latest effort in an interview this week with Marijuana.com, where the resolution was first reported.

“I consider this a major breakthrough for such a conservative veterans organization,” she told the website. “Suddenly the American Legion has a tangible policy statement on cannabis that will allow them to lobby and add this to their core legislative agenda. The organization has a massive amount of influence at all levels.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/9/american-legion-veterans-group-asks-congress-new-m/

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've turned down invites to American legion because I don't believe in quite a few of their political stances...but they ARE a powerful lobby filled w god fearing white men...this may help change some things!

Latest posts

Latest posts