What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Alternative to flushing?

puddlebud

So I've been growing for a while now and have pulled in two harvests indoors. Out of a pound of grown herb I managed to get two ounces to taste great.
The problem I have is that everything I've grown turns to black ash- charcoal when burned.
Now I got an outdoor crop in coco-coir. I only fertilized it once a few weeks ago and it still has a month. So, I was thinking a good way to flush the plants would be to chop them and place them in water under a light for a week or so

that's exactly what I do, well except for the light. I keep them in water like cut flowers. I find that it's the only way to produce truly smooth hashy smoke without any grassiness.
I discovered this when I once had to harvest two weeks early. now I do this with my fully mature plants too.

Last edited:

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
are you getting the hashy smoke because the plants are still alive and the trichs are getting to amber ? is the potency effected? rather then when you cut them down they die ?

when you take clones and pop them in water they survive for weeks until rooted.

i did hear of people popping there cut plants in water with air stones. its meant to be a quicker way of flushing plus effective. i have never tried it so.

the trichs don't amber up the way I do it. to me it seems that there is no real change in the trichs, the magic happens in the plant tissue itself. I imagine that the tissue lives off it's own reserves until there's nothing left, a kind of "ripening from the inside".