What's new

Alpine Guerilla's grow disasters

Alpine Guerilla

Dear fellow cannaseurs,

the title actually says it all, I love guerilla growing and I prefer good outdoor weed over almost any indoor weed.
I live in the lower northern Alps at 47N degrees latitude and ~3000' feet in elevation. Snow in May and October is rather common than exceptional, almost all of my guerilla plants have experienced light frosts in spring or autumn.

Best conditions for spectacular disasters! 😜
Do not expect to see large bushes with endless fat buds in this thread, the climate here is too harsh for that. I'm a microdoser anyway, I'm not interested in quantity, only quality.

I don't grow autoflowers, only regular photoperiods. The soil is prepared with organic fertilizer based on blood, bones and horn, and a little lime and rock flour. That's it, organic and as simple as it can get.

Cinderella 99 / Fleur du Mal x Lebenese / Ace Seeds, self-bred

gs.jpg

K2 / Nirvana

k2.jpg

Nanda Devi / The Real Seed Company, I'm particularly looking forward to these two beauties

nd1.jpg

nd2.jpg

Some other beautiful flowers at this spot

bl-2.jpg

bl-1.jpg

Another Cinderella 99 / Fleur du Mal x Lebenese / Ace Seeds and K2 / Nirvana are waiting to be released into the wild, as well as a pure Cinderella 99 / Fleur du Mal and a 'surprise seed' that I found while vacuuming.

Happy growing everybody! ☺️

Old Piney

We are like-minded in many ways , organic grown outdoor photoperiods are best .Looks like you're off to a good early start hope you don't get one of those May snows. Although a little late wet snow probably won't do shit to the Nanda Devi, if it's anything like other RSC Himalaya strains .l had Rasoli and Kumaoni in full flower withstand a freeze down to -2.8 c no problem. I'm gonna be starting up some Nanda Devi soon ,last year the groundhogs whipped them out. Best of luck with your grow!

Last edited:

Alpine Guerilla

@Old Piney The only thing that worries me is a prolonged cold spell. It doesn't harm the plants, but they go into a kind of hibernation and stop growing, that's why I often have small plants with low yields in the fall. Only two out of six Nanda Devi germinated after five or six weeks, even though I used the method of drying out the soil as described on the RSC homepage. But they are not to blame, the seeds are relatively old, that was their first release of Nanda Devi. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things go better for you! Do you have a report, will you show photos of your plants?

@stiff FDM's C99 is one of my favorite indoor strains, smeel and taste are quite unique, I'm curious to see how it performs outdoors. FDM has some other interesting strains, but they are hard to get in Europe.

Old Piney

@Alpine Guerilla I got 11 out of 14 Nanda Devi to germinate, I used a light sandpaper scarification , by shaking them in a pill bottle lined with sandpaper. then a two day soak in a week folic acid and H2O2 solution with a two day soak. They popped right up, the seeds were a few year old. I'm also running Purple Satellite (green mountain seeds )this season .It's a stable hybrid between Oaxacan Gold and a Nepalese Sativa, adapted to Denmark, from the highland mountains of Baglung Nepal. Purple satellites said to mature for mid to late September .But the Baglung Nepalese might be a really good one for you , I want it too, It's a hard one to find but Cannapot has a ApeOrgin repo in stock

Last edited:

Alpine Guerilla

@Old Piney Great advice for sprouting the Nanda Devi seeds, thank you! Purple Satellite sounds promising. Baglung Nepalese / Nepali is a strain that was originally adopted to alpine climates by the former Swiss breeder BlueHemp. I grew the repros done by Derg Corra Collective and Magic Herbs. Sturdy and mold resistant plants, early maturing, the most indica-like sativa I ever had in my seeds stash. I did crosses with Mexican sativas and Afghanis, these performed great outdoors. Unfortunately, I don't like the after buzz of the Baglung Nepalese too much, which I also notice in crossings. But that's just me.

@Funkalicious Another alpine grower! :) I found your thread, reminds me much of my outdoor adventures. All the best for your grow!

Alpine Guerilla

@Old Piney It leaves me with a bit of a hangover. The effect is not as clear or cerebral as other pure sativas, not a real stoned either. It reminds me more of a mostly sativa hybrid with kind of a 'body and brain after buzz'. I believe it's still a pure strain, but maybe it changed due to selection and reproduction over (at least) 20 years.

The taste and smell are somewhat reminiscent of fruit/berry chewing gum. The growth pattern, leaf structure and bud density are also rather indica-like, while my little Nanda Devis already look much more sativa-like. Don't get me wrong, Baglung Nepalese is an extraordinary outdoor strain, but I hope to find a 'clearer sativa high effect' in the Nanda Devi.

Old Piney

@Old Piney It leaves me with a bit of a hangover. The effect is not as clear or cerebral as other pure sativas, not a real stoned either. It reminds me more of a mostly sativa hybrid with kind of a 'body and brain after buzz'. I believe it's still a pure strain, but maybe it changed due to selection and reproduction over (at least) 20 years.

The taste and smell are somewhat reminiscent of fruit/berry chewing gum. The growth pattern, leaf structure and bud density are also rather indica-like, while my little Nanda Devis already look much more sativa-like. Don't get me wrong, Baglung Nepalese is an extraordinary outdoor strain, but I hope to find a 'clearer sativa high effect' in the Nanda Devi.
I thank you for the heads up I will see how my purple satellite turns out before considering getting Baglung. I've enjoyed the high from Kumaoni and Rasoli Himalayans. Both of them barley matured in time here at 40 N in New Jersey at sea level. Nanda Devi I believe isn't quit as late but it's definitely mid-October from what I can tell. One of my favorite landrace sativa that will definitely mature on time for you and thrive is Moroccan Beldia, it tough as nails , early ( mid September) and won't mold. It has a lovely floaty up high and a sweet taste but it not crazy potent. I know how can a landrace from the desert in Africa grow in the Alps? Believe me it will

Last edited:

Alpine Guerilla

@Old Piney Your description of Belida is very similar to my experience with Maroc Inspiration, another classic BlueHemp strain, a repro is available at Seedheaven. Very hardy, rather airy sativa buds, ready to harvest mid or end September at 47 N, a lovely sweet gingerbread flavor and a pleasant warm high, not very strong but quite long lasting. Taste and effect are similar to high quality moroccan hash. Another strain from Africa, Ciskei aka. Bushman's, was also adopted to alpine climates by BlueHemp. I have a repro made by Tropical Seeds Company in my seed stash, these will get their chance next year.

Last edited: