What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Allergies, what do you do about them?

oldmaninbc

Allergies have me frustrated, they seem out of control more so than usual, what can I do about them, what do you do?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Keep the males and pull the pods off when they are striped and unopened.

Eat them.

Your symptoms will be drastically reduced or eliminated.

Alternatively, you can use bee pollen from local beekeepers. I have only one experience with off the shelf bee pollen, so I'll refrain from contributing either way on the subject.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Get your IGE levels measured, (blood test). You'll get a precise measurement of how out of control they are. You also get a baseline score to measure against for the future. That way you can track if you are getting worse or just less patient.
You can also get a white blood cell count to see if that's normal or elevated.
Drugs such as cyclosporine or methotrexate will reduce the problem, but can cause other problems at the same time.
Antihistamines can deal with minor issues, taking them every 12 rather than 24 hours will reduce problems for most people but doctors won't tell you that as they like medicines to be used as per their labels.

TrifektaSeeds

Avoid white bread/pasta
Avoid milk/products
Avoid soy, vegetable oil, high amounts of sugar,
Take 1 pill of allicin each day everyday and aswell as you start to feel symptoms.
This pill is... Just crazy man..
It solves practically anything from stomach fevers, flu, acne, much more...
You can pop them like Skittles... It's just garlic but what actually matters in garlic which is allicin.
Give it a try and keep your diet tight.

Legalcdn

Go see an allergist and get tested (scratch tests), you need to know what is the cause.

I have fought allergies for 35 years and it all started in BC.

I did the shots and now i can cope without meds.
If they are really bad, get singular but watch out as white blood cells are impacted. If eyes, olopatadine (1% or 2%).

Outside issue, wear a mask.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Clean healthy living helps me reduce the symptoms and the frequency of the "outbreaks".

No alcohol, detoxing herbal tea every morning before anything else in ingrsted. Little meat and junkfood. Lots of green tea.
Regular exercise, meditation.

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
aerobics, 5x per week, 30 minute per session, hitting @ theoretical max heart rate (220-age), so for me at 76 i hit 150 bpm. been doing this for 41 years.

real food, low-ish carb, healthy fat, no-ish sugar, no alcohol.

i live in the same county that used to drive me crazy as a kid - no problem now.

xtsho

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Cannabis pollen helps drastically reduce/eliminate pollen related allergies. "Rabbit Brush" blooms all year round here, and until I moved here I had zero issues with pollen allergies. Eating cannabis pollen made it a complete non-issue for me.

You don't need to avoid alcohol, you need to avoid commercial alcohol and drink home brewed clean alcohol. Made with ingredients you're NOT allergic to, of course. lol

RobFromTX

Stopping cow milk products sorted my pollen allergy - I might experiment with sheep and goat cheese/keffir

Very true. Dairy is one of the main causes of acid reflux and thats behind a lot of allergy issues. Your body starts rejecting it when you reach adulthood. Not that im thrilled to drink oat milk with my freakin cheerios :confused:

TrifektaSeeds

Very true. Dairy is one of the main causes of acid reflux and thats behind a lot of allergy issues. Your body starts rejecting it when you reach adulthood. Not that im thrilled to drink oat milk with my freakin cheerios :confused:
Nah don't drink dat shit
Buy almond butter or any other nut you like, put in jar some RO water and some butter, mix with violence haha and you got pure natural milk..

I've heard of people using garlic but I eat on average 3-4 cloves of garlic a day as I use it in almost everything I cook and it sure doesn't help me with seasonal allergies.
Eating raw garlic has its benefits but the allicin qty in those 3-4 cloves is not strong enough to have a significant effect on an adult men body.
Each 180 mg pill is like a a whole garlic bulb, but without metabolism losses as the allicin is already extracted from the garlic.
It's the best pill I've ever bought seriously, it's pricey indeed and for a good reason, read the 5000 reviews just on Iherb about it

Latest posts

Latest posts