What's new

Airflow Experiment - What do you think?

KIS

Still dialing in the room, but also experimenting with under canopy airflow. This is commercially available poly tubing that I attached to an 8" fan I had on hand (probably overkill).

Soil is KIS Organics Biochar Soil. LED lights are BIOS Lighting. Beds are Grassroots Pots 4x4 beds on a unistrut frame.

I know they need pruning and trellising, going to tackle that on Tuesday, been running behind due to work and family stuff.
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 12.40.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 12.41.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 12.42.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 12.40.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 12.40.50 PM.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1720.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 20

KIS

Find a way to get some co2 into those tubes and you'll be very grateful...
I find with this much soil in a room, the soil usually generates a fair bit of CO2, especially during lights off. I don't have a CO2 sniffer for this tiny grow but I would guess it's potentially above ambient because I'm not exchanging air as much as I would like to. I have seen issues in commercial facilities with excessive CO2 when they have a large mass of "living soil" in a room.

But getting back to your original comment, I could probably supplement during lights on in a setup like this if I really wanted to push things.

Brother Nature

I find with this much soil in a room, the soil usually generates a fair bit of CO2, especially during lights off. I don't have a CO2 sniffer for this tiny grow but I would guess it's potentially above ambient because I'm not exchanging air as much as I would like to. I have seen issues in commercial facilities with excessive CO2 when they have a large mass of "living soil" in a room.

But getting back to your original comment, I could probably supplement during lights on in a setup like this if I really wanted to push things.
The setup reminded me of a few greenhouses I've previously worked in that utilized co2. Pumped it in through clear plastic tubes running alongside the water piping. I've never ran co2 in any grow myself though. Looks like it'll be good for air flow with what you're doing without co2 in any case.