What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advanced Propagation P&D Removal/Isolating Cuttings/Quarantine Methods;

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Some snips took a week or more ago for safety :biggrin: I cleaned off all my mums. I graded them into bags, misted them put some co2 in and sealed them up & put them into a '24hour photoperiod storage' :whip:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Not sure how related this is.
I was trimming a Pineapple Express 2 with 56 days on it. It came out of a perpetual and matured almost three weeks ahead of schedule, beating out the plant ahead of it in line.

The photos are of leaves pulled off a bud midway down the plant. It originally was thought a calyx had landed on the leaf and stuck.
The calyx would not rub off, it was growing in the center of the leaf. Searching found another.
This is a first for me and I wondered if it is normal or if this plant is an anomaly.
The last picture has a similar leaf without the calyx.

Attachments

• Leaves with calyx growing in center.jpg
    Leaves with calyx growing in center.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Leaves with calyx from Pineapple Express 2 bud.jpg
    Leaves with calyx from Pineapple Express 2 bud.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Leaf with calyx growing from center.JPG
    Leaf with calyx growing from center.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Leaves from bud onPineapple Express 2.jpg
    Leaves from bud onPineapple Express 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 31

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's got some meds on it for sure :) I've seen strains do this in the past it's quite common. The Skunkman noted an occurrence with that trait in a particular line, I don't remember which it was. I wouldn't say it's unique, it's Sexual Morphology and it's undesireable.

I always wondered if that is what folks used to smoke before the breeders made decent buds, were they smoking the leaf :) and that's what the asphyxiation is with the random palmate leaf shape..

You could clone leafs.. I shit you not about 10 years ago I was growing in a flat and the owner who I knew well wanted me to set one up in his house.

I go round his one day to find that he's only gone and rooted the petioles.. With no primordia :)

Here is another kind of morphology or abnormality.. It don't clone out in twins.