What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Activated THC does it again!

paperchaser825

News Link

Eight-year-old Tara was having up to 60 seizures a day but has made a miraculous recovery since her mother , Cheri started giving her liquid cannabis made in Nimbin.

Doctors at one of Victoria's leading hospitals have acknowledged the "remarkable improvements" in the girl's condition one year after she started taking the drug.

But Health Minister David Davis has warned families not to use medicinal marijuana, saying it remains illegal in Victoria and that the Government "does not intend to change this legislation".

A Sunday Herald Sun investigation has found that up to 10 Victorian children, some as young as

three, are taking daily doses of medicinal marijuana - in some cases administered by teachers - as desperate parents turn their back on pharmaceutical drugs.

Cheri O'Connell gives her daughter Tara a liquid form of medicinal marijuana known as THC-A - which is posted to her in the mail - to treat her severe epilepsy.

These things put me on the verge of tears. A little bit from the empathy I feel towards those affected, but much more from anger towards those that would impose their baseless will, devoid of anything resembling justice or liberty. Luckily, in this case and in many more cases I have learned about, the bond between parent and child seems to be stronger than any mandate anyone could impose. Keeps me going to see and read glimpses of humanity every now and then.

L

Luther Burbank

If the product is low in THC as the article says,and as makes sense for seizure medicine, I wonder why they settled on the name THC-A.

L

Luther Burbank

I'm well aware of THC-A. That doesn't answer why you'd name a CBD dominant drug "THC-A".

Skip

Veteran
The real question here is when will Australia wake up?

They are so backwards when it comes to marijuana.

L

Luther Burbank

It looks like they're gonna leave this little girl be at least. Madness for a country that is mostly frontier.

Clean,you are right, I was inferring it is cbd dominant from experience with other gran-mal cannabis medication,and the fact they discussed it being low in THC.