What's new

A 'vulture' in Toronto

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
This outrageous story was posted on reddit in CanadiEnts by user life-is-polymorphic. I won’t link it here but you can easily find the original. I re-arranged it for clarity. The tow truck drivers that work the 400 Series highways in Toronto are known as vultures. They have earned that name because they are just plain rotten. They even have battles between rival companies etc.

“I'm a 20m in Ontario, Canada with a G2 and I got charged with 'Cannabis Readily Available.'

I got charged because a tow truck driver smelled cannabis on me when I was pulled over on the side of the road, minding my own business, putting in directions to Tim Hortons. He came up to me to ask if I was in any trouble, I said no, and then he called the cops.

This 5 second interaction leads to him calling the OPP on me. When I started driving again I see this guy trailing me, making every turn I make. Soon after I’m detained, arrested, and charged. I underwent a field sobriety test, and I got a 3 day license suspension and charged with 'drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available' which is $215 fine. The entire time this was happening, which took over an hour, that snitch was parked in front of the cop car I was in handcuffed in. He was waiting to tow me because once I was released I could not drive my vehicle due to the suspension. The tow truck driver’s hope was that I had no choice but to pay him to tow my vehicle.

Luckily I had a couple of friends who came over to drive me back home in my car. I didn’t have to give that snitch any of my money because he ratted me out. "

PCC

Wow that's disgraceful
At least he didn't have to give that snitch any money I guess

DcSantos

very well said ''vultures'',disgusting behaviour ; afterwards he was waiting like a hiena maybe the chap needed a lift from him.

pjlive

What a friggin' blood sucking leech. I've heard similar stories of tow truck drivers sitting in large gas stations or rest stops looking for vehicles with outdated inspection stickers to call in. A Vulture is too good of a name for this guy. He's more like an evolving form of Planaria that's in dire need of a very respectful and humanely delivered steel-toed euthanasia.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Canadian tow truck drivers are on the side of evil, eh?

When I lived down in FL, I was taking my boat to do some fishing out of the Palm Beach inlet, which was a couple miles from my house. I stopped to get bait at the fishing store near by, parking for a brief time in the best spot for a truck and big trailer, which also involved part of a gas station's lot. When I came out with my bait the gas station dude, who also was a tow company, was in the process of hooking his huge tow truck to mine, boat still attached. I bitched and moaned, but he wanted $75 to unhook. I didn't have it, but luckily a buddy drove by and I got it from him.

Don't fuck with locals. He drove that truck for months with a shot-up windshield, after he had to repair the leaking radiator. Seems a couple drunk locals decided to go there one night and shoot up his truck with a pellet gun.

Then there was the nearby junkyard that towed my truck one night, made me buy a cab home from a bar. They paid to put a sign on a nearby business, 'will be towed by...' That place was even closer than the gas station, and in a 'hood' where guns were not unusual, especially .22s. The little grin I had as I paid the dude my money...

Don't fuck with locals.

Latest posts

Latest posts