What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

6,500 plants worth $9 million seized from illegal Oregon marijuana operation

R

Robrites

A two-month investigation into an illegal Oregon marijuana growing operation in rural Yamhill County resulted in an arrest and the seizure of millions of dollars worth of pot early Tuesday, authorities said.
The operation was found in Dayton on wetlands near the Willamette River and was part of a Mexican drug trafficking organization, the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Wednesday morning.
The Yamhill County Interagency Narcotics Team, along with other local agencies, seized over 6,500 plants worth more than $9 million. Oregon State Police SWAT was called on to provide protection for the agencies during the seizure.
Authorities arrested Manuel Madrigal, 42, after officers found him camping out in the gardens in a living area – “complete with a kitchen” – hidden underneath a tarp. Madrigal has a San Antonio, Texas, address and a history of previous drug arrests. He now faces federal drug trafficking charges and was transferred to U.S. Marshal custody in Portland, authorities said.
This site was the first large-scale Oregon marijuana operation found in the county in several years.
Sheriff Tim Svenson said in the release that even though marijuana is legal in certain quantities in Oregon, authorities must remain diligent as there “is still a profit to be made in marijuana by these illegal organizations.”
http://www.oregonweed.xyz/6500-plan...ized-from-illegal-oregon-marijuana-operation/

TnTLabs

lets hope not for friends and fam...
i guess they will seize & destroy "legal" grows too just to say afterwards, we didnt know it was legal, you have to prove it first... by then its all gone anyhow

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MJ bootlegging.. so the grow game hasn't really changed.

Yes it has...
Competition is stiffer due to more growers & the laws are becoming more restrictive.

As for the bust...
If all of the US states would get off the prohibition bandwagon, there would be almost zero incentive for illegal grows.

Deschedule the schitt already!

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Yes it has...
Competition is stiffer due to more growers & the laws are becoming more restrictive.

As for the bust...
If all of the US states would get off the prohibition bandwagon, there would be almost zero incentive for illegal grows.

Deschedule the schitt already!

Nah... If I had a high plant count, I would keep it quiet too. You are still breaking the laws. The state wants to track, control and tax every gram and plant.

This all reminds me of distilling, under federal law I'm not supposed to do that, but state law says its ok for personal use. Mee thinks the man wants his cut of tax. This seems like familiar territory

Fact of the matter is a large grow that is undocumented or without permits will get you busted if they find you. And i'm in a legal state that is ok for medical and recreational use. And the rules are getting looser really.. up to 24 plants a household seems to be ok.

http://homernews.com/homer-news/local-news/2016-02-16/police-make-record-15-million-pot-bust

I dont think the guy deserves a felony over the grow. non violent/non gang/ no underage sales related cultivation. Its crazy.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's a massive amount of plants, can't imagine not getting busted with that kind of count. Wow what a project though.