What's new

56 Day Headband review - grown by Poncho Farms - Jan 23 2022

CanadaDank

I’ve reviewed this headband before but I wanted to give a fresh take since it’s a different batch. This is not like any other Headband floating around Canada. This one is essentially a very uplifting pure OG Kush cutting with a tumultuous past hence her history is somewhat shrouded. I’ve heard it called 56 day OG and No-Name-OG but it’s been referred to as Headband for many years. This one was very well grown by Poncho Farms.

As this is my third time trying this cutting, I feel I have some authority in saying it’s absolutely something special. The flowers may have been smaller this round (my heaviest bud was about 2 grams) but her size was reconciled with other high qualities. The buds were dense but not rock hard, sticky when broken down, and shaped like classic OG.

When I say this weed smells good, I’m not really doing it justice. The nose is earthy, sweet and almost candied at times. Think rotten lemons as well as lemon pledge, with a tail end of OG gas. As it cured out, it developed all sorts of lovely little sub-smells such as ginger ale, mint, skunky hops and peaches. I found the taste similar to the smell. Mouth coating earthy lemon funk with OG gas at the end. This is extremely delicious and clean burning cannabis.

When I say this weed is potent, I don’t say that lightly. Massive expansion with a hard hit to the solar plexus can be expected. I felt this one in my ears, jaw, arms and legs within a few minutes. It can definitely induce anxiety and heart palpitations during the “coming up phase” but as the experience transitions into the “plateau phase”, there is a very noticeable shift in the buzz. While confusing, intense and disorienting at first, the feeling morphs into something more euphoric and relaxing over the course of 20-30 minutes. As time passes, she gets more and more narcotic all the while seeming to last forever. When I started smoking this one, I was getting high for 3 hours easy. After a bit of tolerance build up (strong emphasis on A BIT), the buzz lasts closer to 2.5 hours.

I feel it deeper in the body this round vs a more punchy head high when taken earlier. One effect I love is my mouth feels like it’s being stretched into a perma-smile. The buzz is extremely good as a depression killer and an appetite stimulator. I also personally find it good for sleep but I know it keeps some people awake. The high can be thought provoking, especially if overdone. It would be great for treating, muscle spasms, pain, nausea, MS and other majorly disruptive disorders. For these reasons, this lady should be thought of as more of a potent daytime hybrid than a night time knockout.

This batch of Headband comes with a warning, just like all batches before her. I have been seriously reviewing cannabis for the past 14 years and this is the most potent hybrid I’ve come across. If you have a low tolerance, be very careful. I heard about a friend of the grower greening out just from smoking the shake. As far as pure OG Kush cuttings go, this one is more on the sativa end of the spectrum. It’s not the best for getting knocked out but for getting high as all get-out, you needn’t look no further.

CanadaDank

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2105414.jpg
    photo2105414.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 330

Gry

Veteran
Was my go to for a period of time. Were two cuts in the valley. One marked 707, and the other started with the letter L, and may have been something like loomis ? Been a while, it was the strongest I was able to find at the time.

Principante8

Was my go to for a period of time. Were two cuts in the valley. One marked 707, and the other started with the letter L, and may have been something like loomis ? Been a while, it was the strongest I was able to find at the time.

Loompa's Headband. I've seen it several years ago when I used to go to dispensaries in LA and OC. Always looked like a really good OG kush.

CanadaDank

Loompa's Headband. I've seen it several years ago when I used to go to dispensaries in LA and OC. Always looked like a really good OG kush.

This cut along with Loompas Headband are similar. They are both pure OG cuts that are more uplifting/heady than most OGs. Loompas Headband also goes by Underdog OG.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The only Headband I know of is Med-man's Headband. Thats a nice looking bud. Headband plants can grow large if I'm not mistaken.😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Its funny to me how so many people think they have something special when it comes to weed. "21% THC in one strain is the same as in another strain". THC is THC in any plant when it comes to THC. There's always someone that's got the best or something better than the rest, but to me, it's all the same just THC. 😎

CanadaDank

Its funny to me how so many people think they have something special when it comes to weed. "21% THC in one strain is the same as in another strain". THC is THC in any plant when it comes to THC. There's always someone that's got the best or something better than the rest, but to me, it's all the same just THC. 😎

I can’t tell, are you being serious? Are you saying all weed hits you exactly the same and THC is the only factor for determining the buzz? There are MANY other cannabinoids that play importantj roles, not to mention terpenes. So yes, unless you only smoke such low quality weed that it doesn’t matter one way or another, each kind does make a big difference. It’s the same reason dabbing pure crystalline THC isn’t nearly as enjoyable as dabbing hash rosin, even with the extra waxes and lipids. Whatever combination of cannabinoids and terpenes exist in this plant makes it feel far superior to pretty well all other cultivars, at least that I’ve tried. It’s the same reason some of the top breeders in Cali are using this cutting in their projects. When dialled in it tastes amazing and blows away everything else potency wise.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I can’t tell, are you being serious? Are you saying all weed hits you exactly the same and THC is the only factor for determining the buzz? There are MANY other cannabinoids that play importantj roles, not to mention terpenes. So yes, unless you only smoke such low quality weed that it doesn’t matter one way or another, each kind does make a big difference. It’s the same reason dabbing pure crystalline THC isn’t nearly as enjoyable as dabbing hash rosin, even with the extra waxes and lipids. Whatever combination of cannabinoids and terpenes exist in this plant makes it feel far superior to pretty well all other cultivars, at least that I’ve tried. It’s the same reason some of the top breeders in Cali are using this cutting in their projects. When dialled in it tastes amazing and blows away everything else potency wise.

I'm just talking about THC, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, it's the same as the THC in another plant. I'm not talking about cannabinoid ratios. THC only and I think it's over rated some of the times. Its just weed to me. Thanks for sharing. 😎

Twizted

I’ve reviewed this headband before but I wanted to give a fresh take since it’s a different batch. This is not like any other Headband floating around Canada. This one is essentially a very uplifting pure OG Kush cutting with a tumultuous past hence her history is somewhat shrouded. I’ve heard it called 56 day OG and No-Name-OG but it’s been referred to as Headband for many years. This one was very well grown by Poncho Farms.

As this is my third time trying this cutting, I feel I have some authority in saying it’s absolutely something special. The flowers may have been smaller this round (my heaviest bud was about 2 grams) but her size was reconciled with other high qualities. The buds were dense but not rock hard, sticky when broken down, and shaped like classic OG.

When I say this weed smells good, I’m not really doing it justice. The nose is earthy, sweet and almost candied at times. Think rotten lemons as well as lemon pledge, with a tail end of OG gas. As it cured out, it developed all sorts of lovely little sub-smells such as ginger ale, mint, skunky hops and peaches. I found the taste similar to the smell. Mouth coating earthy lemon funk with OG gas at the end. This is extremely delicious and clean burning cannabis.

When I say this weed is potent, I don’t say that lightly. Massive expansion with a hard hit to the solar plexus can be expected. I felt this one in my ears, jaw, arms and legs within a few minutes. It can definitely induce anxiety and heart palpitations during the “coming up phase” but as the experience transitions into the “plateau phase”, there is a very noticeable shift in the buzz. While confusing, intense and disorienting at first, the feeling morphs into something more euphoric and relaxing over the course of 20-30 minutes. As time passes, she gets more and more narcotic all the while seeming to last forever. When I started smoking this one, I was getting high for 3 hours easy. After a bit of tolerance build up (strong emphasis on A BIT), the buzz lasts closer to 2.5 hours.

I feel it deeper in the body this round vs a more punchy head high when taken earlier. One effect I love is my mouth feels like it’s being stretched into a perma-smile. The buzz is extremely good as a depression killer and an appetite stimulator. I also personally find it good for sleep but I know it keeps some people awake. The high can be thought provoking, especially if overdone. It would be great for treating, muscle spasms, pain, nausea, MS and other majorly disruptive disorders. For these reasons, this lady should be thought of as more of a potent daytime hybrid than a night time knockout.

This batch of Headband comes with a warning, just like all batches before her. I have been seriously reviewing cannabis for the past 14 years and this is the most potent hybrid I’ve come across. If you have a low tolerance, be very careful. I heard about a friend of the grower greening out just from smoking the shake. As far as pure OG Kush cuttings go, this one is more on the sativa end of the spectrum. It’s not the best for getting knocked out but for getting high as all get-out, you needn’t look no further.
I was curious if you have tried OGKB or Josh D and how it compared to those strains as far as potency?