What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

26 year old seeds.....here's how to start seeds, RIGHT :)

Old Uncle Ben

Been doing my conventional way of planting seeds for decades. I can never recommend the lame damp paper towel/baggie drill so prevalent in cannabis forums.

Went thru my old stash of seeds and crosses going back to the mid to late 90's the other day and soaked some of the first seeds I got "underground" from the Dam from "jock" who was supplying us long before all the pollen chuckers hit the market. I crossed a Positronics Haze with a Positronics Jack Herer (latter variety being my avatar) and lo and behold, ALL of the 26 year old seeds germed.

I soak them overnight and just as they crack and hopefully before the tail sticks out sow 1/4"-1/2" in sanitized moist soil, leave on the kitchen counter and wait. These were sowed Aug. 14, last one popped yesterday. 3 of them popped the surface 2 days after being sowed.

One variety is Ace Seeds cross, Golden Tiger X Panama. Babies are getting full sun at times.

FrontOfCardsend.jpg

Labels.jpg

Germination Aug18.jpg

IMG20240813124422.jpg

I forgot these The Flying Dutchmen Original Haze!

OLD Brothers Grimm "in-Out Mix" from Heaven's Stairway too.

IMG20240813123822.jpg

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Been doing my conventional way of planting seeds for decades. I can never recommend the lame damp paper towel/baggie drill so prevalent in cannabis forums.

Went thru my old stash of seeds and crosses going back to the mid to late 90's the other day and soaked some of the first seeds I got "underground" from the Dam from "jock" who was supplying us long before all the pollen chuckers hit the market. I crossed a Positronics Haze with a Positronics Jack Herer (latter variety being my avatar) and lo and behold, ALL of the 26 year old seeds germed.

I soak them overnight and just as they crack and hopefully before the tail sticks out sow 1/4"-1/2" in sanitized moist soil, leave on the kitchen counter and wait. These were sowed Aug. 14, last one popped yesterday. 3 of them popped the surface 2 days after being sowed.

One variety is Ace Seeds cross, Golden Tiger X Panama. Babies are getting full sun at times.

View attachment 19050138

View attachment 19050139

View attachment 19050140

View attachment 19050141

I forgot these Positronics Original Haze!

OLD Brothers Grimm "in-Out Mix" from Heaven's Stairway.

View attachment 19050142
I know you've discussed this before and the same thing happened to me, I damn near could not find the seeds the way Jock packed 'em in. 😂

He's probably responsible for more quality genetics being developed here in the States than most people realize. Who would have thought back in the day there would _ever_ come a time when we could get overnight delivery of quality seeds, with a _tracking_ number to show the progress all along the way, and most importantly, without worrying about getting busted.

While some things in this country may have gone to hell, ordering seeds over the internet most certainly isn't one of them. :cool:

Old Uncle Ben

awesome to know that some old original seeds are still viable

are you making any plans with these genetics?..

It was viable because it was my cross of old, original stock I grew out. I stored and moved them into cold storage here and there for over 20 years. For example:

HazePackPic.jpg
Mandala Seeds Jan 21#2.jpg

Most if not all "Haze" has been bastardized. Like the buzzwords organic geeks fall for "natural and non-GMO"> "Haze" has become a marketing tool, a gimmick. It is not Sam the Skunkman's original beans he got from some friends who done the dirty deed - Acapulco Gold X Columbia Gold X (S. Indian X Thai).

But I digress..... Noobs will buy anything with a good sales line.

Who knows what the future holds but I'm thinking about crossing a male Posi with the GT which is fem. If the cards fall right I will cross a male Posi with a female.

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

I know you've discussed this before and the same thing happened to me, I damn near could not find the seeds the way Jock packed 'em in. 😂
Hah, what a hoot! Yeah, I thought he had cheated me too.

He's probably responsible for more quality genetics being developed here in the States than most people realize. Who would have thought back in the day there would _ever_ come a time when we could get overnight delivery of quality seeds, with a _tracking_ number to show the progress all along the way, and most importantly, without worrying about getting busted.

While some things in this country may have gone to hell, ordering seeds over the internet most certainly isn't one of them. :cool:

I can only speak for Real Seeds and Mandala from experience and they are excellent. We smoked some of Real Seeds Afghan Mix bud last night for the first time since it finished last March and it was really nice. Good high, very smooth. I got 17.3 oz. dried from my C99 backcross, C99 X Peak 19 cross, Afghan 90 stuff and Afghan Mix All small plants.

I made seeds with the Afghan stuff, back crosses too. Afghan can swing from euphoric like the Lebanese blond hash of old to couch lock.

Kwik Seeds Dec 2021#2.jpg