What's new

25% Higher Risk of Heart Attack for Cannabis Users

CancerousTerpz

Well you know weed is nothing but thc and limonene. So the more thc and limonene the better. Never mind the damage. It's good weed if the thc is high enough to damage your valves.

Maybe someday you'll be able to sue the shitty growers. As long as we have documented proof that not all Cannabis is creates equal. Proof that Cannabis is not thc and limonene.

sublingual

Well you know weed is nothing but thc and limonene. So the more thc and limonene the better. Never mind the damage. It's good weed if the thc is high enough to damage your valves.

Maybe someday you'll be able to sue the shitty growers. As long as we have documented proof that not all Cannabis is creates equal. Proof that Cannabis is not thc and limonene.
Yeah, a lot of issues with the whole testing. The thing is, since Cannabis has been on Schedule 1, then no one was allowed to even study it comprehensively.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Hmmm, the problem with this study is that it is notpossible to know and control what kind of cannabis the subject in the study have been smoking. I mean, how many have been smoking cannabis that was too fresh, too young ot without enough curing time ? For it is the cannabis that has been harvested too early, or hasn't got enough curing time that can induce heart problems (but our western scientists certainly are not aware that a well cured cannabis is a different product than uncured cannabis). Go India, Pakistan or Afghanistan, where they have a much longer experience, and deeper knowledge, of the plant than in the West, people will tell you that cannabis that is too young or too fresh is bad for the heart, and mind too.

Irie!

phunkeeboodah

"Our study shows that smoking cannabis has significant cardiovascular risks, just like smoking tobacco."

interesting since harvard did a study showing moderate long term cannabis use improves lung function

and it has only recently been found that the endocannabinoid system causes the runner's high not endorphins

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Comments like this tell me a lot about the authors....

"Jeffers said. "Cannabis smoke is not all that different from tobacco smoke, except for the psychoactive drug: THC vs. nicotine."

Yeah, and the brociodialators and the and the and the. Wow.

Check out the bibliography. Dug abuse centers, preachers, a big shot from the WHO.

Sounds like more fear mongering to me.

JMO

YMMV

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
"Our study shows that smoking cannabis has significant cardiovascular risks, just like smoking tobacco."

interesting since harvard did a study showing moderate long term cannabis use improves lung function

and it has only recently been found that the endocannabinoid system causes the runner's high not endorphins

exactly

also , citing CBS Healtwatch as a health source is like asking Jeffery Dahmer to be the chief editor of a food review magazine

moar Reefer Madness 2.0

IMG_4174.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

Hate to tell you all this, but this is a very legitimate, peer-reviewed study. Papers do not get published in the Journal of the American Heart Association without being scientifically validated, and there's nothing physicians like to do more than to prove other physicians wrong.

But like every other study, it does have its limitations. The headline reads "consuming THC in any form", yet 78% of the respondents were _smokers_ of cannabis.

Here's one take away that didn't get emphasized:

"Among those who had never used tobacco cigarettes and had never used e‐cigarettes, cannabis use was not associated with CHD or MI... "

But the risk of stroke was slightly elevated.

When I get a little bit more time, maybe I'll dive into the journal article a little more thoroughly but it really doesn't concern me. I'm almost 70, quit smoking/vaping almost 6 years ago, but have consumed 1 oz of cannabis, every week, every month, and every year since then.

And I ain't dead yet. ;)

RobFromTX

Everything increases risk of heart attack. Sugar, dairy, caffeine, bad air quality and the list goes on and on

Not to mention most cannabis users i know also smoke cigarettes. Those can cause a cardiac episode big time

SolarLogos

My wife and I are friends with a couple of researchers at the Mayo Clinic, doing cancer research. The amount of funding they get to do research is staggering. There is a lot of pressure to produce results, including whether you get any future funding. Someone with an interest is always behind the money.
Just my thoughts
Peace

RobFromTX

And ofcourse to keep research funding coming in you have to keep finding problems. Remember the permanent damage to undeveloped brains of teenagers :ROFLMAO:. The medical industry has been spewing bullshit about cannabis since the 80's. They're just picking up steam now because its closer to legalization than ever

So Hai

And ofcourse to keep research funding coming in you have to keep finding problems. Remember the permanent damage to undeveloped brains of teenagers :ROFLMAO:. The medical industry has been spewing bullshit about cannabis since the 80's. They're just picking up steam now because its closer to legalization
They need a scapegoat for the heart attacks caused by their miracle vaccine, the one so effective it never immunized anyone.

phunkeeboodah

when i was running i always smoked a hit of weed first, then got a vape and tried that before running and was completely winded with major breathing restriction. tried again over the years and same thing. only smoking gives total cardio capacity for me