What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2400 year old gold Bongs found...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ngs-used-kings-smoke-cannabis-ceremonies.html

Wish this was true, I doubted it so I contacted Antonn Gass, from the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation, in Berlin.
He e-maild me back today saying they are cups used to drink with.
Not Bongs used to smoke.
It was a translation error by someone, because at least several hundred different www sites picked up the exact same story and reprinted it without any checking first. Typical journalism, cut and paste and zero fact checks.... really sad that people believe this shit. It will be quoted for years on the www as a "fact".
-SamS

Limeygreen

Veteran
Daily mail saving kids by teaching their mother not to have bowls around as they are actually bongs, lock up the kitchen cabinets so your kids cannot smoke out of those soup bongs.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
they look like they might have been incense burners. plenty of artifacts of hot boxing found in ancient sites.

Cannavore

Veteran
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ngs-used-kings-smoke-cannabis-ceremonies.html

Wish this was true, I doubted it so I contacted Antonn Gass, from the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation, in Berlin.
He e-maild me back today saying they are cups used to drink with.
Not Bongs used to smoke.
It was a translation error by someone, because at least several hundred different www sites picked up the exact same story and reprinted it without any checking first. Typical journalism, cut and paste and zero fact checks.... really sad that people believe this shit. It will be quoted for years on the www as a "fact".
-SamS
Antonn Gass is one of the people in these articles agreeing that they are bongs. What's the scoop here Sam? Is he retracting what he said?

"Historians Andrei Belinski, from Stavropol, and Antonn Gass, of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation, in Berlin, Germany, think they were used to smoke, and possibly also brew, a strong opium and cannabis concoction.

Mr Gass said: "That both drugs were being used simultaneously is beyond doubt."

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read that as well

Antonn Gass, from the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation, in Berlin said: ‘These are among the finest objects we know from the region.

Dready_jake

There is an extract in india called bhang not sure it might be pronounced bong. It was a mixture of milk and hash oil or something similar.(I don't remember its been a while) that's probably where the mix up is.
"Used for bhang" is getting mixed up with "used as bongs" imho