What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2013 LA Cannabis Cup

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup: Los Angeles, Feb. 16-17, 2013

Los Angeles Center Studios
451 S Beaudry Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90017

Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM (PST)

This event (expo and Saturday night party) is for all adults ages 18+.

You do not need a medical card to attend the expo, but you will need a doctor's recommendation or California medical card if you plan to consume cannabis on-site, in accordance with California law
Tickets are non-refundable, but they are transferable and may be resold to someone else if you are unable to attend.

Event Details
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16TH
12:00 PM – 7:00 PM

451 South Beaudry Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90017

12:00 PM
Doors Open - Event Begins

Musical acts performing throughout the weekend include Redman, The Game, Karma to Burn, Rhyme Addict, BishopeMagnetic, and Crystal Ellis

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH
12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
451 South Beaudry Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90017

12:00 PM
Doors Open - Event Begins

7:00 PM
THE OFFICIAL HIGH TIMES MEDICAL CANNABIS CUP AWARDS SHOW
Awards will be presented for the top sativas, indicas, hybrids, edibles and more!
Featuring TOMMY CHONG accepting the Lifetime Acheivement Award!

Ticket Type Final Sales Date Price Fee
Two-Day VIP Ticket mor Feb 16, 2013 $85.00 $3.12
Saturday Pass more info Feb 16, 2013 $40.00 $1.99
Sunday Pass more info Feb 16, 2013 $30.00 $1.74

If in the wrong place, please move to a new thread and pm me so I can learn the forums better.

If your going and want to meet up, PM me and we'll burn my Cush.

See you there!

:party:

-Lyryc

MoreTBA

no news?

no news?

Cant find any other threads on here about the cup... seems strange

RESULTS
http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetrut...h-times-medical-cannabis-cup-los-angeles-are/

Best Sativa
1st – Tanj, Reserva Privada
2nd – Veganic Ghost Train Haze #1, Buds & Roses
3rd – Red Congolese, Magnolia Wellness

Best Indica
1st – Godfather OG, Alpha Medic
2nd – OG Eddy Lepp, 3rd Gen Family
3rd – Grimace OG, Archive Seed Bank.com

Best Hybrid
1st – Girl Scout Cookies, Life is Good (Apple Valley!)
2nd – Veganic Tahoe OG, Buds & Roses
3rd – Banana OG, Cool Calm Collective

Lifetime Achievement
Tommy Chong

Best Non-solvent Hash
1st -Lemon OG Wax, BAMF Extractions/Buds & Roses
2nd – Tangerine OG, Greenest Green LA/Essential Extracts
3rd – Dairy Queen, The Real Medical Collective

Best Concentrate
1st – Honey Bee OG Nectar, Green Coast Deliveries, 70 % THC
2nd – Wheezy, IECC
3rd – 10g Shatter, Fresh Off the Bud Extractions

Highest CBD
GDP Sandman – GDP Collective

Best Edible
1st – Blackberry Dark Chocolate Bar, River City Phoenix / Kiva Confections
2nd – Sweet Stone Gummy Bears, Magnolia Wellness
3rd – Strawberry Lemonade, Buds & Roses / Venice Cookie Company

Best Glass Smokeware
1st – Pure Glass
3rd and 2nd tie – Hitman Glass, Pulse Glass,

Best Product
1st – Vape Xhale
2nd – Pulse Glass
3rd – Cloud Vape

Best Booth
1st – Cali Connection
2nd – TGA Seeds
3rd – Alpha Medic, San Diego

MoreTBA

Glad to see that the best booth winners did not win prizes... maybe this cup is a bit more legitimate than the Dam, not just about how much you "donate" to the event
EDIT: i guess third place booth won best indica, missed that

I like how the winners are private collectives and not breeders, but makes me wish there was a breeder section

why do you feel the need to list your entry as veganic? i am an avid organic gardener and would never personally change, but do not feel the need to shove that fact in everyones faces.. the judges should be able to TASTE the difference, not need you to TELL me...
its a great metaphor to that whole "green" movement especially in cali, all about preaching instead about actually doing, buying "organics" at whole foods isnt helping anyone or anything but your own personal ego

and how is a non solvent hash called WAX????? i personally would have dissassociated myself from the word wax, to me wax equals solvents

Last edited:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Buying Organic ANYWHERE is a good thing.. Whole Wallet, Safeway or the Farmers Market (which around here costs more than Whole Wallet)..

There is lots to be learned from people all over the world, much less other States..

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
how the hell pure glass beat banjo's bumblebee glass torch concentrate rig is beyond me...Glass torch baby!
picture.php

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
swereve and cali connection were a joke...bashing everyones wax, telling the attendees to not take dabs etc.....I literally felt like I was gonna contract some new form of broadspider mildew mites just from walkin by the booth...to top if off all of the cc entries looked like complete shwag...I really don't know how they get any respect in this industry.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I'm waiting for the usual cup summary for those who didn't attend like myself ..I kno alot of u guys are brutally honest so I'm wait for the unbiased summary :) ..

That bumble bee rig is sick

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
it placed, I believe it was the hitman entry....but wtf does pure glass do???? frosted tubes that say pure?!? ghey.

stasis

Veteran
Any Get-Together for Cannabis Peopls is preferable to NO EVENT. Learned that back East, in another Med State. The "High Times Cannabis Cup" there was no biggie at all. Through NO Fault of High Times Magazine. They Tried...

The Products were deplorable. What I had in my Personal Jar was considerably better than anything I saw of the Entries. Except TGA's Booth - they had some good buds.

But, Still - Got to talk with DJ Short, there were a couple good panel discussions on genetics which went over most people's heads.. And it was still good even with the Cops walking through and shutting down Pipe sellers, much less smokers. I kept taking surreptitious hits, and blowing out the smoke near them to piss them off.

In the Murder Capital of the USA, as if it mattered there. Drop in the bucket of Depravity.

I love any Cannabis event. Preferably in Mama Amsterdam. But, regardless, I have to be so secretive. It's cool to talk shop with other Knowledgeable Peeps.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I was there somewhere... Had an interesting cup experience to say the least. Can't really say much more.

The J Man

I have a medical rec but took a few friends that didn't since they wanted to see what it was all about. I figured they'd be able to check it out without actually partaking... turns out that all the action was in the back and you had to have a medical rec to come anywhere close. They did have doctors on site but still it seemed misleading to pay $40 to have access to food trucks and donation booths, but not the rest of it.

After hearing that they changed venues twice at the last minute, I doubt I'll attend another High Times event. Oh well, there's always the Kush Expo and HempCon. Hopefully High Times gets their act together for the 4/20 cup in Denver.

stasis

Veteran
Changed venues twice at the last minute..? Whoa, must have been some serious pressure on HT for them to do that. It would be interesting to know why. Although I live Up North.

guerilla415

pressure came from the two communities in L.A. that were originally scheduled to host...

Studio City and Glendale

both had city council type associations look into the permits filed by HT and the rest of the producers and found "discrepancies" :icon_banned:

they had to move it to San Bernardino...about an hour away from L.A. lol

take care and stay safe

guerilla

Latest posts

Latest posts